Youth Housing Stability Coalition Coordinator - Youth Housing Stability Project
Job Code/Title 80241 - H - Coordinator CE 1 Position Number H80241 Working Title Youth Housing Stability Coalition Coordinator - Youth Housing Stability Project Department Social Work Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $30 per hour Campus Off-site Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 15 hrs/week Normal work days Monday – Friday/varies on need Normal work hours Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Youth Housing Stability Coalition Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day activities required to support the grant goals of a collaborative, community-wide effort to end youth homelessness in the Richmond region through a project that centers the leadership of youth and young adults with lived experience. Specifically, duties include:
- Recruit and re-engage Youth Housing Stability Coalition members that represent sectors outlined in the Coordinated Community Plan to End Youth Homelessness (e.g., housing, education, workforce development).
- Engage and involve Coalition members in monthly meetings and activities that move the Coalition toward the goals outlined in the previously mentioned Plan.
- Collaborate with Coalition co-chairs to develop meeting agendas and facilitate meetings and activities.
- Support Coalition work group co-chairs (youth/young adult & community stakeholder pairs) to move their goals forward.
- Work collaboratively with Youth Leadership Coordinator to ensure Coalition is youth-affirming.
- Maintain necessary documentation to report on progress toward project goals.
- Part-time, non-benefited position limited to 28 hours per week
- Previous experience working to build coalitions, networks or other bodies of stakeholders working to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate capacity to support coalition building while maintaining the youth-centered and youth-directed nature of the project.
- Previous experience working in or navigating housing and homeless services is strongly preferred.
- Lived experience expertise with housing instability and/or system involvement preferred.
Job Open Date 04/23/2021 Remove from posting on or before 05/24/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105330 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Social Work & Human Services Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond