Hourly Youth Leadership Coordinator - Youth Housing Stability Project
Job Code/Title 80241 - H - Coordinator CE 1 Position Number H80241 Working Title Hourly Youth Leadership Coordinator - Youth Housing Stability Project Department Social Work Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $30 per hour Campus Off-site Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 15 hrs/week Normal work days Monday – Friday/varies on need Normal work hours Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Youth Leadership Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day activities required to support the grant goals of a collaborative, community-wide effort to end youth homelessness in the Richmond region through a project that centers the leadership of youth and young adults with lived experience. Specifically, duties include:
- Recruit a team of youth and young adults with lived experiences of homelessness and housing instability to serve as the Youth Leadership & Advocacy Team.
- Engage and involve youth and young adults in Leadership & Advocacy Team meetings that are intended to build youth leadership capacity and develop youth-led trainings for service providers working with youth experiencing homelessness.
- Support youth and young adult leaders’ in meeting their basic needs in ways that reduce barriers to participation in leadership and advocacy.
- Actively participate as a member of the Youth Housing Stability Coalition.
- Support engagement of youth and young adult leaders in Youth Housing Stability Coalition meetings and activities, and work collaboratively with Coalition Coordinator to ensure Coalition is youth-affirming.
- Maintain necessary documentation to report on progress toward project goals.
- Part-time, non-benefited position limited to 28 hours per week
- Previous experience working in youth and young adult leadership development.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate capacity to support youth and young adult leadership development while maintaining the youth-centered and youth-directed nature of the project.
- Previous experience working in or navigating housing and homeless services is strongly preferred.
- Lived experience expertise with housing instability and/or system involvement preferred.
Job Open Date 04/23/2021 Remove from posting on or before 05/24/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105458 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Administration & Leadership Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Social Work & Human Services Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond