Nurse Researcher, Health Services/Healthcare Quality
Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F63370 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Open Working Title Nurse Researcher, Health Services/Healthcare Quality School/Unit School of Nursing Department School of Nursing Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
We shape the future of nursing through the power of education, discovery, and collaboration.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
VCU School of Nursing is seeking a 12-month full-time, tenured/tenure-eligible position at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor. Research foci and skills of particular interest include clinical outcomes, use of big datasets, work environment, and quality/safety research within the context of health care systems. The candidate will support the school with teaching responsibilities at the graduate level and advisement and mentorship of doctoral students.
Rank and salary are commensurate with experience and preparation.
• Demonstrates commitment to contributing to VCU’s Quest 2025 (https://quest.vcu.edu/)
• Engages faculty, students, and staff to foster a diverse community at VCU
• Demonstrates an integrated academic life, contributing to the teaching, research, and service missions in an urban research-intensive university with an academic health sciences center
• Maintains a program of health services and/or healthcare quality research supported by external funding
• Contributes to enhanced effectiveness of the community of scholars
• Mentors faculty and students in development of programs of health services and/or healthcare quality research
• Participates in all aspects of curriculum including teaching, primarily at the graduate level
• Research doctoral degree
• Demonstrated or potential excellence in teaching
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated or potential excellence in leadership skills, including the willingness and ability to provide visionary leadership and mentorship of faculty colleagues and students in this area of research
• Demonstrated achievement in scholarship with an established or developing program of interdisciplinary research that complements the research within the School, particularly health system quality and safety research
• Demonstrated research productivity, including a strong track record of or potential for obtaining external research funding and publications for health services and/or healthcare quality nursing research, and cogent plans for future research and interests that compliment and expand existing expertise in the School of Nursing
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
• Additional bachelor’s or master’s degree in nursing, with active RN license or eligible for licensure in Virginia
• Experience in higher education including teaching, curriculum development, accreditation, and/or program review or assessment
• Record of accomplishments in scholarship and professional service
Date Posted 04/23/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 07/01/2021 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Candidates must apply to this faculty position through the university’s career website at https://www.vcujobs.com to be considered for this position. For further information about this position contact Demmie Pennix, HR Administrator, School of Nursing at (804) 628-7583 or email@example.com.
As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity and inclusion – an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence.
Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words) providing your career aspirations and contributions toward promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement, you can share how your lived experiences; and past, present, and future academic and professional activities have or will contribute to VCU’s mission of promoting equity and inclusion.
Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and celebrated; creative activity, research and scholarship that promotes equity and parity; teaching and mentoring students, and/or engaging with faculty and/or staff from traditionally underrepresented groups to create a positive and successful organizational experience.
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105469 Diversity Statement Information For more information on diversity statements, including guidelines, please click here . Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Diversity Statement (Required for all Faculty)
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3