Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs
Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F67310 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Open Working Title Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs School/Unit School of Medicine Department Psychiatry Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Open Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
To oversee psychiatry and psychology clinical care across the VCU Health enterprise. To build and grow clinical programs of excellence, innovate, and to foster collaborative relationships between the department and our clinical partners, and the community we server.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
The Department of Psychiatry at Virginia Commonwealth University is currently seeking a full-time senior level academic psychiatrist to serve as its inaugural Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs. Reporting directly to the Chair, this position will oversee and coordinate psychiatry and psychology clinical services across the department. This Vice Chair will be looked upon to build and grow clinical programs of excellence and to foster collaborative relationships within the Department of Psychiatry, with our clinical partners in other departments, VCUHS, MCVP, the University, and with and for the community we serve.
The faculty member will be responsible for:
– The overall operations and growth of the clinical enterprise in conjunction with their administrative counterpart and the Department Chair;
– Establishing short and long term clinical goal;
– Serving as a catalyst for innovation, leading the advancement of psychiatry, psychology, and other services by building programs of excellence, implementing new services and models of care, growing existing programs, and bringing the latest evidenced-based practice/care models to our patients and community;
– Collaborating with departmental leadership to ensure the effective integration of trainees and faculty in all aspects of clinical care;
– Supervising medical directors and other lead clinicians;
– Maintaining a clinical practice sufficient to assure clinical competence, obtain direct observations, and provide professional credibility;
– Providing direction to, holding accountable, developing, and evaluating department faculty in their performance of goals and objectives related to the clinical mission;
– Recruiting developing, mentoring, and retaining faculty and support staff necessary to support the clinical mission of the department, health system and university.
– MD/DO or equivalent Medical Degree
– Clinical training in Psychiatry and certification through the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
– Virginia state medical licensure or eligibility
– Significant clinical leadership experience in a psychiatry program at a major academic healthcare organization. Leadership experience should include clinical practice oversight, strategic planning, direct faculty/provider oversight, and managing staffing and recruitment, and fostering of clinical research.
– Proven background in clinical care optimization, quality, safety, and patient engagement
– Experience fostering and leading clinical services and educational programming that supports, develops, and mentors the next generation of clinical and scientific experts in Psychiatry and Psychology
– Nationally recognized leader in the field of psychiatry as evidenced by positions in national organizations, presentations at major conferences/symposia, and scholarly activity in the area of psychiatric health services
– Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment and a commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
Date Posted 04/23/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 09/01/2021 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Applications must include a diversity statement, letter of interest and CV online via eJobs (https://www.vcujobs.com/). Only electronic applications and documents will be accepted.
Questions about this position should be directed to:
As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity and inclusion – an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence.
Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words) providing your career aspirations and contributions toward promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement, you can share how your lived experiences; and past, present, and future academic and professional activities have or will contribute to VCU’s mission of promoting equity and inclusion.
Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and celebrated; creative activity, research and scholarship that promotes equity and parity; teaching and mentoring students, and/or engaging with faculty and/or staff from traditionally underrepresented groups to create a positive and successful organizational experience.
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105530 Diversity Statement Information For more information on diversity statements, including guidelines, please click here . Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Diversity Statement (Required for all Faculty)