Vice Chair for Educational Affairs
Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F67290 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Open Working Title Vice Chair for Educational Affairs School/Unit School of Medicine Department Psychiatry Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Open Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
To lead educational operations within the department and on behalf of VCU, including undergraduate medical education ( UME ), graduate medical education ( GME ), continuing medical education ( CME ), and other training/educational experiences/programs.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
The Department of Psychiatry at Virginia Commonwealth University is currently seeking a full-time senior level academic psychiatrist to serve as its inaugural Vice Chair for Educational Affairs. Reporting directly to the Chair, this position will oversee and coordinate psychiatry and psychology educational services across the department. This Vice Chair will be looked upon to build and grow educational programs of excellence and to foster collaborative relationships within the Department of Psychiatry and with our educational partners in other departments, VCUHS, the University, the School of Medicine, and the community we serve.
The faculty member will be responsible for:
– The overall operations and growth of the educational enterprise in conjunction with their administrative counterpart and the Department Chair
– Establishing short and long range educational goals/objectives and monitoring performance
– Overseeing medical student, resident, fellow, pre/post-doctoral interns, and faculty education activities and experiences
– Supervising educational program/training directors
– Assuring compliance with relevant educational regulations and standards
– Serving as a catalyst for innovation, growing existing educational programs and leading the redesign and advancement of educational experiences to bring the latest evidence-based models to our learners
– Maintaining a clinical practice sufficient to assure clinical competence, obtain direct observations, and provide professional credibility
– Providing direction to, holding accountable, developing, and evaluating department faculty in their performance of goals and objectives related to the educational mission
– Recruiting, developing, mentoring, and retaining faculty and support staff necessary to support the educational mission of the department, health system and university
– MD/DO or equivalent Medical Degree
– Clinical training in Psychiatry and certification through the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
– Virginia state medical licensure or eligibility
– Significant educational leadership experience in a psychiatry program at a major academic healthcare organization. Leadership experience should include educational program oversight and development, strategic planning, direct faculty/provider oversight, and managing staffing and recruitment
– Proven background in educational innovations
– Experience fostering and leading educational programming that supports, develops, and mentors the next generation of clinical and scientific experts in Psychiatry and Psychology
– Nationally recognized leader in the field of psychiatry as evidenced by positions in national organizations, presentations at major conferences/symposia, and scholarly activity
– Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment and a commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
Date Posted 04/23/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 09/01/2021 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Applications must include a diversity statement, letter of interest and CV online via eJobs (https://www.vcujobs.com/). Only electronic applications and documents will be accepted.
Questions about this position should be directed to:
As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity and inclusion – an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence.
Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words) providing your career aspirations and contributions toward promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement, you can share how your lived experiences; and past, present, and future academic and professional activities have or will contribute to VCU’s mission of promoting equity and inclusion.
Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and celebrated; creative activity, research and scholarship that promotes equity and parity; teaching and mentoring students, and/or engaging with faculty and/or staff from traditionally underrepresented groups to create a positive and successful organizational experience.
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105537 Diversity Statement Information For more information on diversity statements, including guidelines, please click here . Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Diversity Statement (Required for all Faculty)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond