TheAcademic Affairs and Human Resourcesdivisions at St.
Catherine University invite applications for a full
This position provides administrative and general office support for the Dean of the School of Humanities, Arts and Sciences, Dean of the Henrietta Schmoll School of Health, and the Senior Vice President for Human Resources, Equity and Inclusion. This role plays a crucial part in the delivery of a high level of service to students at St. Kate’s, ensuring student success during their time here.
- Receive visitors to the offices of the Deans and manage and
respond to incoming inquiries from employees, students or partners
via mail, email, phone, or voicemail message.
- Interact with all levels of management, faculty, staff, and
students, as well as external partners, treating all with with
respect and dignity.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously, taking
work direction from multiple supervisors who have a high sense of
urgency and short timelines.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and travel; maintaining
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic filing systems,
initiate recurring administrative processes, coordinate projects,
and assist in the completion of reports by researching and
gathering required information and preparing report
- Manage multiple departmental accounts with active purchasing
activities by reconciling accounts monthly, maintaining running
balances of sub-accounts established within the department, and
preparing financial reports which are relied on by the supervisor
for making financial decisions.
- Keep all sensitive information strictly
- Organize, coordinate, plan, and conduct departmental events
- Securing space, equipment and food
- Preparing invitations, announcements, agendas, brochures, and
packets and purchasing awards
- Making travel arrangements and reservations
- Overseeing the events as they occur.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- HS diploma orGED
- Three years of experience using Microsoft Office.
- Experience managing complex calendar appointments.
- Experience working respectfully and effectively with people of all cultures, religions and abilities.
- Experience taking courses at the college or university
- College degree
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us email@example.com 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
Careersto apply. Three references and successful completion of
a background check will be required for employment. Application
deadline is May 7, 2021.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *For any education beyond high
school, what was your area of focus?
(Open Ended Question)
- *Please describe any experience you
have had managing calendars for people with complex schedules.
(Open Ended Question)
- *St. Kate’s is committed to making
Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture
of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the strategic
plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a culture
that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or
(Open Ended Question)
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *St. Catherine University welcomes
applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul