Senior Agile Program Manager / IT Project Management
The Information Technology department at St. Catherine
University invites applications for aSenior Agile Program
Managerposition. This is a regular, full-time position.
Our IT team works in a technically rich environment with a variety of systems. TheSenior Agile Program Manageris a key team member who is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating Agile project teams to deliver strategic technology and business solutions for the university.
- Lead projects through entire lifecycle including charter
creation of scope, timeline, and resourcing.
- Define project scope and schedule, focusing on regular and
timely delivery of value.
- Facilitate requirements, product selection, andRFPcoordination.
- Organize and lead project status and working meetings,
preparing progress reports.
- Manage risks and issues with the project, correct deviations
from plans and navigate barriers to the delivery of
- Identify creative solutions to issues, focusing on details
while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Facilitate business process design and system configuration and
development across all teams.
- Organize and orchestrate testing and implementation activities
and draw project closure with completion of training and transition
- Drive business and technical team participation and delivery,
holding teams accountable for commitments and removing roadblocks
to their work.
- Leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for
- Mentor and develop team members on new processes and
- Support the product owner in managing customer expectations for
- Manage timely and transparent stakeholder communications,
building trust with colleagues and customers at all levels of the
- Define and manage a well-defined project management process,
and implement an effective system of project governance.
- Champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement
best practices for business process.
- Facilitate the Agile process for technology development fostering inclusiveness and driving delivery.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Eight years of experience successfully implementing software,
hardware, infrastructure or web development projects using Agile
- Experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex
projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function
- Formal training in Project Management and Agile
- Experience mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team
- Experience integrating business needs into project priorities
and managing multiple projects with competing demands.
- Solid understanding of and experience using Agile Project
Management tools such as Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, Kanban boards,
VersionOne or equivalent.
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Certification in one or more of the following:PMP,PMI-ACP,CSM, or equivalent
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us email@example.com 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
Careersto apply. Three references and successful completion of
a background check will be required for employment. For
information, contact Jean Guezmir firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is May 7, 2021.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *For any education beyond high
school, what was your area of focus?
(Open Ended Question)
- *How many years of experience do you
have as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a
high-tech development environment with multi-function teams?
- 0 years
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 or more years
- *St. Kate’s is committed to making
Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture
of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the strategic
plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a culture
that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or
(Open Ended Question)
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *St. Catherine University welcomes
applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul