TheSteam Plantin theFacilities Management
DepartmentatSt. Catherine Universityinvites applications
for aMaintenance Engineerposition. This is a regular,
full-time, Union position.
TheMaintenance Engineerwill join a dedicated team and will be responsible for independently performing regular preventative maintenance of mechanical, heating, air conditioning, ventilation and plumbing systems for all campus buildings and facilities. Under terms of the union agreement, the incumbent will be available on-call as determined by the supervisor.
- Perform maintenance of mechanical, heating, air conditioning,
ventilation, and plumbing systems for all campus buildings and
- Operate, perform preventative maintenance, and maintain
stationery engines, boilers, or other mechanical equipment to
provide utilities for buildings.
- Operate equipment, such as steam engines, generators, motors,
turbines, and steam boilers.
- Maintain heating systems including boilers, steam lines,
condensate lines, traps, and thermostats
- Maintain plumbing systems and perform drain cleaning
- Perform regular and preventative maintenance onHVACsystems including air handlers, ducting, coils,
filters, chillers, towers, converters, pumps, and
- Install or repair various appliances including stoves,
refrigerators, dishwashers, and disposals.
- Complete daily rounds of assigned facilities to ensure proper
function of equipment.
- Maintain the Building Maintenance system.
- Fulfill individual responsibilities toward achieving safety excellence and environmental responsiveness.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- High School diploma orGED
- 5 years of applicable experience
- State of Minnesota Class 1 C Engineer License
- Experience using power and hand tools
- Two year trade school degree in a relevant area such
asHVAC, equipment maintenance,
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including design, uses, repair and maintenance.
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us email@example.com 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
Provide resume with application and proof of licensing
Careersto apply. Submit a resume and proof of license with the
application. Three references and successful completion of a
background check will be required for employment. Application
deadline is May 7, 2021.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *For any education beyond high
school, what was your area of focus?
(Open Ended Question)
- *How many years of applicable
experience do you have?
- None to some
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years or more
- *Do you have experience using power
tools and hand tools?
- *Do you have a current Minnesota
Class 1-C Boiler Operator license?
- *St. Kate’s is committed to making
Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture
of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the strategic
plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a culture
that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or
(Open Ended Question)
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *St. Catherine University welcomes
applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- Cover Letter
- Other Document 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1