ATSU - Assistant Director Finance, Budgeting & Planning
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is seeking an Assistant Director Finance, Budgeting & Planning on the Kirksville, Missouri, campus. This position reports to the Director, Budgeting & Planning. The assistant director for budgeting and planning will perform complex and comprehensive work including forecasting, research analysis, trend analysis, financial modeling, and report writing related to budget preparation and submission; lead in providing analytical counsel and support for special projects to senior management; provide ongoing support to the vice presidents, deans, directors, college administrators, and professional staff; lead compilation, control, and monitoring of the university’s budgets; serve as administrator for budget development software; research, develop, evaluate, and formulate modifications and improvements to budgeting policies and financial procedures; support university financial reporting efforts including accreditation reports, financial audit report preparation, and monthly financial report summaries and analysis; supervise Truman State University finance interns and related account reconciliations; direct development and management of the university's 5 year forecast; and facilitate finance duties within the HR hiring process.
Regular office hours plus evening and weekend hours during budget development cycles and other deadlines.
Major Job Duties
- Lead the budget development process including development of budget preparation schedules, communications, forms, and training for all participants (approximately 100 individuals campus-wide).
- Perform monthly budget adjustments (approximately 3000 line-item changes per year) and analysis.
- Direct development and maintenance of short and long-term financial forecasts for the university and developing programs (proformas).
- Provide counsel and analytical project support to senior management.
- Manage reporting of construction in progress.
- Prepare external financial reports for accreditation.
- Supervise intern performance and productivity.
- Provide finance support with the human resources hiring and posting process (estimated 800 transactions per year).
- Other duties as assigned by the director.
- Budget development and maintenance responsibilities
- Facilitate annual budget interviews with president's cabinet and deans
- Provide financial performance reports to CFO and executive leadership team
- Work with budget managers and staff to resolve budget challenges and questions
- Monitor actual expenditures against budget to identify and assist to resolve problems
- Prepare schedules for annual audit reports and other external financial reports as needed ie. AACOM, CODA, IPEDS, etc.
- Prepare assignments for interns and review submitted work for quality, accuracy, and timeliness
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field required
- MBA preferred
- Knowledge of university budgets and processes
- GAAP accounting, financial reporting and analysis knowledge
- Non-for-profit accounting knowledge helpful
- Demonstrated expertise with spreadsheet and word processing software
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of development tools, spreadsheets, and other report generators
- Knowledge of budget preparation and budgeting methods
- Ability to express ideas and effectively communicate both in writing and orally, with all employees including the senior management team
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and resources in an efficient manner
- This individual must be able to prioritize tasks and manage multiple deadlines
- Position requires good working relationships with administrators, faculty, and staff
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville