Development Officer 1 - (STA007264)
Manages a portfolio of major gifts donors and prospects in support of university-wide initiatives or for an assigned college or unit. Possesses basic knowledge and expertise regarding solicitation of annual and some special gifts. Develops basic knowledge of planned giving.
- Manages a portfolio of prospects which are mostly at the level of $1,000 to $10,000
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits prospects and stewards donors; works with faculty, staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- May be responsible for planning and implementing one or more annual fund programs such as direct mail, telemarketing, parents, etc. Manage resources assigned to the program.
- If assigned to a college or unit, may be responsible for creating and implementing a development plan for components within the assigned college, including resource management.
- May coordinate other advancement activities, such as alumni relations, publications, special events, media relations, etc. for assigned college or unit.
- Participates in University-wide development activities as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree and 1 year experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of one (1) years of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: 1723919