Vice President for Enrollment Management
Eastern Nazarene College (ENC), a fully accredited Christian liberal arts college on Boston's south shore, is seeking a Vice President for Enrollment Management, responsible for developing and implementing an overall enrollment strategy for all areas of the College (traditional undergraduate, adult and graduate studies, online) that is in alignment with ENC’s mission, vision, values, and strategic goals. You will work collaboratively with administrative, staff, and faculty leaders, and provide direct oversight to the following offices: undergraduate admissions, AGS admissions, marketing, and financial aid. Reporting to the president, you will serve as a member of the president’s cabinet. You must have 5-7 years of enrollment leadership experience in a higher education setting and a profound commitment to the Christian liberal arts and the mission of ENC.
- Reflect, articulate, and promote the mission, vision, and values of Eastern Nazarene College
- Work collaboratively with campus leaders to formulate and execute an institutional enrollment plan that results in sustained increases in traditional undergraduate and AGS enrollment
- Be knowledgeable about and utilize best practices in all aspects of enrollment management (admissions, financial aid, marketing)
- Provide oversight to the marketing office in the development of marketing and communication strategies that build the college’s brand and support the achievement of enrollment goals
- Provide oversight to the undergraduate and AGS admissions offices in the development of processes and techniques that lead to the achievement of enrollment goals
- Provide oversight to the financial aid office in the creation and implementation of a comprehensive price and discount strategy that maximizes student enrollment and net tuition revenue
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President of Student Development in the development and monitoring of retention activities
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President of Advancement to ensure that alumni relations and church relations activities support the achievement of enrollment goals
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President of Academics to ensure ENC’s new online degree offerings launch successfully
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and accountability for all employees in the enrollment division
- Establish measurable goals and objectives for all areas of responsibility and ensure that those goals are achieved
- Continually assess and analyze the effectiveness of all aspects of the enrollment operation and make appropriate changes
- Serve as a liaison to internal and external constituencies as appropriate, including the Board of Trustees, prospective students and parents, alumni, etc.
- Provide oversight to all division budgets
- Make high-quality, data-driven, evidence-based decisions
- Be innovative and proactive in identifying new recruitment ideas, marketing strategies, financial aid strategies, and other institutional moves (e.g. new academic programs) that will drive the achievement of enrollment goals
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the president
- Strong Christian commitment with a demonstrated track record of involvement in a local church; support of the doctrine and policies of the Church of the Nazarene
- Profound commitment to the Christian liberal arts and the mission of ENC
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Five to seven years of enrollment leadership experience in a higher education setting
- Broad knowledge of enrollment strategies, key performance indicators, and other critical factors impacting enrollment of traditional and post-traditional students
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, communication, and relational skills
- The ability to work collaboratively and collegially in an academic community including the ability to mobilize key campus partners.
Tim Fuller, Founder of Fuller Higher Ed Solutions, is leading this search for the College. Please submit your resume, a cover letter making a specific case for this position, three letters of reference, and a statement of faith which describes your Christian experience. Your statement of faith should describe how your Christian commitment models the mission and values of Eastern Nazarene College as well as your church affiliation and involvement.Who We Are
Eastern Nazarene College is a fully accredited Christian liberal arts college and member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) with approximately 1,000 students distributed across residential undergraduate, graduate, and adult studies programs. Nestled in a residential neighborhood minutes from downtown Boston, the college’s picturesque New England campus is a window into the world. While our faculty are leaders in their fields, actively involved in publishing and research, they are devoted to teaching and mentoring students in a nurturing, spiritually informed, and academically supportive environment. Students are encouraged to travel, engage in service projects, and participate in internship experiences as a part of their education. Through their classes, work experiences in Boston, and mission trips around the world, students are challenged to open their minds and hearts, preparing them for a lifetime of meaningful work and service to our nation and the world.
Our benefits include health, dental, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, competitive retirement matching, generous paid time off, life and disability insurance, and more. In addition, as a staff or faculty member in our multi-cultural and close-knit community, you’ll enjoy a variety of unique benefits as you play an active role in achieving our mission and supporting our community.
Applicants should be committed Christians and active in a local church. Preference in hiring is given to those with Wesleyan convictions and background, though qualified applicants from other Christian traditions will be considered as well. www.enc.eduMission
Eastern Nazarene College provides a transformational education that equips diverse students to lead and serve our world as agents of Christ’s love and truth.Vision
Eastern Nazarene College will be widely-recognized as a leader in innovative Christian education, renowned for excellence in student achievement, vibrant intercultural community, and global impactValues
- Holistic education: We provide a holistic educational experience in the liberal arts and professional studies that integrates spiritual, academic, emotional, and social development.
- Christian community: We facilitate the building of loving relationships so that we reflect the Spirit of Christ in our life together.
- Student-centered: We orient our work around the success of our students, making every effort to be responsive to the unique needs, aspirations, and backgrounds of each one.
- Wesleyan: Consistent with our rich Wesleyan holiness tradition, we create and maintain an environment which awakens and fosters truth, righteousness, and justice as made possible by God’s transforming grace through Jesus Christ.
- Civility and hospitality: We intentionally welcome and embrace people from diverse cultures, viewpoints, and faith traditions.
- Servanthood: We model servant leadership to our students and community by building a culture of listening, respect, encouragement, and support.
- Authenticity and transparency: We are deliberately honest in our relationships, candid in our communication, and transparent in our governance in order to foster trust and confidence.
- Excellence: In an effort to provide “the best in education and the best in Christian faith,” we strive for excellence that honors God in all our endeavors.
- Strategic innovation: While remaining deeply rooted in our mission, we are boldly creative and innovative in the methods we employ.
- Accountability: We keep promises, honor commitments, meet and exceed expectations, and are willing to be held accountable for the faithful fulfillment of our responsibilities.
Our lifestyle guidelines reflect the "Articles of Faith and "Agreed Statement of Belief” of the Church of the Nazarene and the Mission Statement of Eastern Nazarene College. The premise of our lifestyle guidelines is to exemplify such personal, moral, and religious conduct as shall be above reproach. This lifestyle premise is for everyone working and living on campus: students, faculty, staff, and administration. This lifestyle premise is a rationale for desirable behavior and attitudes. To be in accord with the purposes and spirit of the College and with the doctrines and standards of the Church of the Nazarene, our lifestyle practices exclude: drinking alcoholic beverages, engaging in sexual acts with anyone other than your spouse, viewing pornographic and violent videos/movies, using illegal drugs or misuse of prescription drugs, participating in gambling, or using tobacco in any form. The College also asks employees to follow dress code guidelines. The College expects all employees to live by this lifestyle premise. We ask for an understanding of the need for lifestyle standards, a good spirit in keeping them, and cooperative efforts in improving them. As ENC employees, we ask that you consider the larger picture that what we do and how we do it reflects on ENC and affects other people as well as ourselves. Our desire is to glorify God in all our efforts.Equal Opportunity
Eastern Nazarene College policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion*, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected class in all aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge. We actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
*Christian Faith and employment at Eastern Nazarene College: Eastern Nazarene College is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. It reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Section 702-703, U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964). Preferred candidates demonstrate a strong commitment to the Christian faith, active participation in a local church, and a philosophy of Christian higher education consistent with the Wesleyan tradition.
Apply for Vice President for Enrollment Management
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly