Director of Foundation Relations
This Director of Foundation Relations will expand the University’s productivity in acquiring financial resources from the private foundations and will be responsible for developing and conducting a strong and active program of interaction and gift/grant seeking involving local, regional and national philanthropic foundations and related organizations. The position will manage a team of foundation relations officers. This team represents all of UGA and shares priorities from across campus that match the interests of private foundations. The Foundation Relations team works towards the overall goal of securing financial resources to support UGA.
- (30%) Conduct visits with foundation representatives as needed for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship purposes.
- (30%) Identify, research and cultivate new foundation prospects; initiate contact, write proposals and/or steward foundation representatives as appropriate. Assist and advise faculty, administrators and unit development directors regarding the development of projects and programs in need of private support; approve proposals and manage application process.
- (20%) Manage Foundation Relations team, fostering an environment of collaboration and leadership to increase the productivity of the department. Maintain a positive environment. Recommend and initiate personnel actions required for the unit. Lead staff in areas of interpersonal communication, professional development, and problem solving.
- (10%) Review and approve letters of inquiry, proposals and stewardship reports. Manage clearance process and development of solicitation strategies for foundation prospects. Document all contacts in the development database.
- (10%) Assist Development leadership as needed. Attend development staff meeting as required and attend and conduct continuing education as requested.
- Advanced degree preferred or bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related higher education experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience related to sales, marketing, development, business administration, education, project management, or relationship management
- Experience working with private foundations
- Experience working with private foundations
- Work in a standard office environment
- Travel in and out of state
- Work nights and weekends necessary
- Work using electronic mail, telephone, face-to-face discussions, paper form correspondence
- Communicate effectively in writing, speaking, and listening
- Organize and establish priorities; Remember detail; Multi-task
- Lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Walk, stand, stoop, lift, kneel, climb, driving
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA (https://uga.edu)
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education. UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,700 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 39,000 students including over 30,000 undergraduates and over 9,000 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.
ABOUT THE DIVISION OF DEVELOPMENT & ALUMNI RELATIONS (https://dar.uga.edu)
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations at the University of Georgia advances the goals, objectives, and priorities of the university by generating private financial support, building, and maintaining relationships with alumni and donors, and assisting students with career development opportunities.
ABOUT THE OFFICE OF FOUNDATION RELATIONS
Philanthropic foundations have long been significant supporters of UGA, and we in Foundation Relations work to maintain our existing relationships and seek out new foundation partners. We work with all of UGA’s schools, colleges and units to learn about the dynamic, innovative work our faculty and students create so that we can share it with these foundations. By promoting the potential of UGA and communicating our commitment to leading the way in public service and higher education, we find like-minded foundation partners who believe in the university just as much as we do.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (email@example.com).
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Athens
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Athens
- Development & Advancement Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Athens
- Jobs Outside Academe Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Athens
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Athens