Development Coordinator, Performing Arts Center
The Development Coordinator is responsible for raising annual fund support, stewarding donors, and executing all development-related special events to enable the UGA Performing Arts Center (PAC) to fulfill its mission and implement its programs and initiatives. This is accomplished by the Development Coordinator working closely with the Director of the PAC and University Development to develop and implement annual fundraising initiatives and executing priority events. This position plays an integral role in growing the major gift pipeline for PAC and will be heavily involved with outreach and making face-to-face meetings with patrons and prospects to grow vital annual fund support.
- (55%) Coordinate with the Annual Giving Office to create and implement an annual fund solicitation plan. Coordinate with the Donor Relations and Stewardship Office to manage donor stewardship and recognition. Conduct face-to-face meetings with donors and prospects to cultivate, solicit, and steward annual/annual leadership gift prospects. Attend all or most performances with purpose of hosting donors or prospects. Write grant applications to local and state foundations.
- (20%) Collaborate with the PAC Director and Senior Director of Development for Constituent Based Programs to submit an annual/long-term fundraising plan
- (15%) Serve as the liaison between PAC and University Development ensuring all UGA policies and procedures are followed by the unit.
- (10%) Work collaboratively with all offices of the Development & Alumni Relations Division, with development colleagues located in schools, colleges, and units across campus. Provide excellent customer service to PAC patrons and communicate with PAC box office staff to relay information and ticket requests.
- Requires at least a baccalaureate degree with at least 5 years of related higher education experience: OR an equivalent combination of education and experience related to sales, marketing, development, business administration, higher education, project management, or relationship management with a proven ability to cultivate and solicit major gifts
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Significant experience developing fundraising strategies while providing leadership and direction for implementation of a comprehensive development plan
- Management experience
- Campaign experience
- Knowledge and experience using Blackbaud CRM system, Advisor
- Work in a standard office environment
- Hold a valid driver's license
- Travel in and out of state
- Work nights and weekends as necessary
- Work using electronic mail, telephone, face-to-face discussions, paper form correspondence
- Communicate effectively in writing, speaking, and listening
- Organize and establish priorities; Remember detail; Multi-task
- Lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Walk, stand, stoop, lift, kneel, climb
About the University of Georgia (https://uga.edu)
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education. UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,700 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 39,000 students including over 30,000 undergraduates and over 9,000 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.
About the Performing Arts Center (https://pac.uga.edu)
Since its inception, the Performing Arts Center has enjoyed growth in attendance and widespread support of its presentations from the Athens community, as well as the surrounding counties, the State of Georgia, and the entire Southeast region. In addition to its own presentations, the Performing Arts Center provides the performing home for the faculty and students of the Hugh Hodgson School of Music. The PAC is also home to many departmental graduation and convocation ceremonies each semester and also hosts University-wide lectures and events.
Education and community outreach activities are an important part of the PAC’s mission, providing free recitals, lecture-demonstrations, and master classes by visiting artists for university students, retirement communities, churches, and public schools throughout the state of Georgia. Free pre-concert lectures are presented to the public before many of the PAC’s events each season, and extensive program notes accompany performances so that audiences at the event may be educated as well as entertained.
About the Division of Development & Alumni Relations (https://dar.uga.edu)
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations at the University of Georgia advances the goals, objectives and priorities of the university by generating private financial support, building and maintaining relationships with alumni and donors, and assisting students with career development opportunities.
How to Apply:
Please note that applicants MUST submit their materials through the UGA human resources portal (www.ugajobsearch.com) for consideration. Job posting number is S06008P
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (email@example.com).
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Athens
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Athens
- Development & Advancement Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Athens
- Jobs Outside Academe Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Athens
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Athens