Facilities Project Coordinator
Facilities Project Coordinator
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 5/6/2021
The Facilities Department for the West Valley-Mission Community College District is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Facilities Project Coordinator.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and out students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
The purpose of this position is to perform a wide variety of complex professional support duties in the management of bond and capital outlay programs; to assist in the oversight of project activities, coordinate with college administrators, to process administrative matters related to areas of assignment and projects; and to provide professional support to the Director, Facilities Construction.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of July 12, 2021. Schedule may change to include some evenings or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical and Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: Facilities Department, located on the West Valley College campus, Saratoga, CA.
This position may be assigned to either Mission College or West Valley College, or reassigned from one college to the other.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $7,348-$8,049 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Facilities Project Analyst classification, Range 73, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $45 to $225 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, communication, construction management or a related field.
3. Two years of responsible construction project management experience.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate major construction projects to ensure that the activities of the construction managers, facilities managers, architects, inspectors and related consultants meet district standards; keep the Director, Facilities Construction apprised of progress toward projected goals.
- Act as liaison between district and college administrators, faculty, staff, design committees, design professionals and engineers; coordinate activities of these groups in the preparation of project designs, working drawings and specifications.
- Participate in the development of project plans, designs, bid and construction schedules and project budget preparation; coordinate architect, engineer and any specialty consultant activities during the selection process.
- Coordinate meeting updates, minutes and construction schedule updates from the construction management consultants as required for project management and construction management meetings.
- Track and monitor project budgets; review expenditures; ensure compliance with project guidelines and/or contract specifications.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of construction updates.
- Provide onsite coordination of moves and move management for construction projects; act as coordinator between construction manager, district staff and faculty, and other department personnel.
- Assist and participate in the preparation of required submittals, proposals and plans to state and federal departments, and the district.
- Prepare and coordinate finished artwork for project related reports and newsletters.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.