Clinical Associate Professor, Master of Occupational Therapy Program Director
Earliest Start Date
Commensurate with experience
Hours per Week
Dean Nursing & HS
Required Application Materials
A single PDF or Word document containing a curriculum vitae (CV), letter of application, unofficial transcripts, and a list of three (3) professional references including a name, phone number, and e-mail address, is required to apply.
When prompted to upload your “resume”, upload your combined documents as one file.
- Please do not upload documents to “Cover Letter” or “References”.
If the required application materials were not uploaded at the “resume” prompt, please withdraw your application and re-apply to upload your combined documents as one file.
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Texas at Tyler invites applications for a clinical-track, full-time faculty at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor to serve as Program Director for the Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) Program. This is a 9-month academic appointment plus summer support and responsibilities. Our MOT program recently received full accreditation from ACOTE. The ideal candidate will help provide effective leadership within the Department, College, and University to implement the respective missions and strategic plans. Our current program is a bridge program for COTAs to MOT. The Department looks to add an entry-level OTD program in the next few years.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination of the Master of Occupational Therapy Program and graduate instruction.
- Serve as a core faculty member within the Master of Occupational Therapy Program.
- Provide report data for internal and external audiences.
- Provide administrative and logistical support of Program and Department functions.
- Earned PhD. in Occupational Therapy or related field or post-professional OTD.
- Experience teaching in an educational program and knowledge of the ACOTE requirements.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Eligibility for Texas OT Licensure.
- A proven record of accomplishment in teaching and service is preferred.
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation.
- Exposure to standard office conditions.
- Sitting, Standing, Walking, and Bending.
About The University of Texas at Tyler
The University of Texas at Tyler is a comprehensive institution of higher education offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs as an institution of the renowned University of Texas System. The College of Nursing and Health Sciences houses the Department of Health and Kinesiology and the School of Nursing.
UT Tyler is situated 100 miles east of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex amidst the beautiful lakes and woods of East Texas, is an economically strong and rapidly growing community. With a population of 100,000, Tyler is the regional center for the arts, medical care, finance, and higher education.
The University contributes to the strong healthcare industry in Tyler through its College of Nursing and Health Sciences, the Ben and Maytee Fisch College of Pharmacy, and its partnerships with sister institutions UT Health Northeast and UT Health East Texas, as well as CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Francis and Baylor Scott and White Texas Spine and Joint Hospital.
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length. This position has the option to elect the Optional Retirement Program (ORP) instead of TRS, subject to the position being 40 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.