Vice President of Financial Aid
Summary/Objective: Reporting to the Dean of Student Support, the VP of Financial Aid is a dynamic and dedicated professional responsible for overseeing a seamless financial aid operation and superior service to financial aid applicants, their families, and members of the university community. The VP of Financial Aid establishes policies, procedures, and guidelines regarding the effective and efficient distribution of financial aid among applicants and enrolled students while meeting the institution's enrollment, budgetary and net tuition revenue goals.
The Vice President manages the daily operations of the Financial Aid team including staff professional development, keeping current on Federal, State, and Institutional regulations, engaging new and continuing students in the Financial Aid Process.
- Draws on extensive financial aid knowledge and expertise to develop and oversee an effective customer service team to assist students and families in progressing through the financial aid process.
- Manages the administration of federal, state aid and provides oversight of standard financial aid duties such as needs analysis, verification, loan processing, and satisfactory academic progress monitoring and managing all aspects of compliance and associated regulations.
- Resolves disbursement issues with Student Accounts and other University offices and improves processes to ensure that students aren't negatively impacted.
- Oversees updates to the annual cost of attendance.
- Develops counseling staff in interpersonal coaching strategies, financial aid planning, and conflict resolution.
- Supervises and provides leadership direct reports.
- Provides oversight of department activities to develop and achieve annual goals, including budgeting and planning.
- Coordinates the communication plan to students and university members as needed.
- Serves on college committees as assigned. Assists with conducting on and off-campus presentations, seminars, and/or workshops for students. Also presents information at various events.
- Resolves and/or assists in the resolution of problems and/or complaints and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Ten Years of Leadership Experience in Financial Aid
- Proven Leader
- Ability to communicate well both written and verbally
- Computer savvy on industry software, including MS Office Suite.
- BA/BS required, Masters a plus
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Student Affairs Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Financial Aid Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City