Academic Program Coordinator
Academic Program Coordinator
The George Mason University, Department of Global and Community Health in the College of Health and Human Services is launching a search for an administrative faculty member to serve as an Academic Program Coordinator to support the new PhD program and CEPH accreditation needs of the Department. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Department:
The Department of Global and Community Health is one of six academic units in the College of Health and Human Services: Global and Community Health; Health Administration, Policy and Informatics; Nursing; Nutrition and Food Studies; Rehabilitation Science; and Social Work. Located in the new Peterson Family Health Science Hall, the College has 7 accredited degree programs. Peterson Hall comprises 165,000 square feet of offices, conference rooms, classrooms, and wet and dry labs. The College’s research infrastructure includes DSHI (Discovery Science and Health Informatics Center with a Machine Learning Lab), imaging resources (DEXA, fMRI, movement capture) as well as physical and metabolic human assessment tools. In 2019, the College opened its population health center that supports primary and behavioral health care, research and training. The College is strategically transitioning to become a College of Public Health. Further information about the College may be found at: https://chhs.gmu.edu.
The Department prepares students for careers in public health just minutes from the nation’s capital. Our nationally ranked undergraduate and graduate degrees that provide students with the knowledge, skills, and experience to solve existing and emerging public health challenges. A PhD in Public Health with concentrations in epidemiology and behavioral sciences enrolled its first cohort of students in January 2021. We are the only academic entity in the state of Virginia to offer accredited public health degrees at the bachelors, masters and doctoral levels. The launch of the PhD program positions us to seek CEPH accreditation as the first School of Public Health in Virginia.
The Department of Global and Community Health has 20 full-time research faculty who have more than $7 million in research expenditures (FY20). Research support comes from the National Science Foundation, the National Institute for Justice, the National Institutes of Health, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, the Health Resources and Services Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
About the Position:
The Academic Program Coordinator will report to the Chair but work closely with other Academic Program Staff, and the Directors of the other academic programs. This position will support the academic mission of the department, the administrative needs of the academic programs and accreditation reporting requirements.
- Assist students in academic advising;
- Develop policies and procedures for the PhD program;
- Develop and coordinate professional development events for graduate students;
- Work collaboratively to provide data and analyses needed for departmental reporting in accordance with University and accreditation agencies;
- Support the Department’s CEPH annual reporting and self-study data collection, analysis and requirements;
- Support all students in the Department on training and use of a variety of statistical software packages including: SPSS, SAS, R and/or Stata.
- The successful candidate will have an understanding of public health;
- Master’s degree (e.g., Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Psychology, Population Biology, or another related field);
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and quantitative programming skills;
- An interest in and/or prior experience teaching, training and/or mentoring.
- Training in epidemiology or biostatistics;
- Excellent data analysis skills;
- A self-starter and able to work independently;
- Highly organized with great attention to detail;
- Willing to perform other tasks as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA45Hz at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload (1) a cover letter describing the applicant’s qualifications, perspective on working in an environment of diverse students, faculty, and staff and interest in the position; (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) a list of three professional references with full contact information. References will be contacted for candidate under consideration for the position and before an offer is extended.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax