Multimedia Technician (Technical Craft Specialist B) - 2 Positions Available
Community College of Philadelphia
The Multimedia Technician (Technical Craft Specialist B) is responsible for the distribution, set up, adjustment, and troubleshooting of audio-visual equipment for classrooms and special events at the College. This position provides support to internal users in the operation of video conferencing and computer integrated smart technology equipment; and performs routine maintenance and testing. Scheduled hours are Monday through Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
• Assemble/pre-wire and distribute AV equipment.
• Perform basic diagnostic and maintenance of AV equipment.
• Collect distribution data when multimedia equipment is deployed; scanning barcodes for recording in distribution log.
• Log in requests for technical support for multimedia equipment, including smart-cards, smart-podiums, and overhead projectors.
• Process requests for equipment and services.
• Provide basic technical support for audio, video, and video conference events.
• Perform minor electronic hardware maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Perform maintenance and testing of computer-based/projector integrated instructional technology in classrooms.
• Perform simple operational tasks using the light controller and sound system in the College's Auditorium and other regional campus locations.
• Provide support to audio and video specialists, as needed; including, but not limited to, video camera operation, digitizing video files, and simple microphone set-up.
• Provide basic end-user training in the operation of Multimedia Services equipment including computer/projector integrated classroom technology.
• Order DVDs and downloads for use in MMS library.
• Attend weekly staff meetings to review upcoming standing events, and other College activities impacting the Multimedia Services department.
• Respond to emergency and routine incoming calls to the service counter, as appropriate.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Travel to regional campuses, at least one day per week, to provide technical assistance.
• Work extended hours on evenings or weekends, as needed.
• Transfer digital media from one format to another.
• Adhere to all College policies, including those related to copyright.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Some weekend hours based upon the needs of the College.
• Associate's degree, or equivalent coursework, is required.
• At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in the operation of multimedia equipment; including smart boards, Smart LCD screen technology, LCD Projectors, laptop computers, document cameras, consumer video equipment, audio presentation equipment, theatrical audio and lighting equipment, and computer equipment (PC's and laptops) is required.
• Demonstrated technical proficiency to launch and access inventory and scheduling software information using a personal computer or laptop required.
• Demonstrated proficiency utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Ability to work well as a member of a team in resolving problems and issues.
• Ability to demonstrate effective problem solving and judgment is required.
• Ability to work well independently with limited supervision is required.
• Ability to transfer digital media from one format to another.
• Ability to negotiate issues and bring problems to resolution required.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required.
• Access to reliable transportation is required.
• Ability to climb and walk within confined spaces.
• Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
• Ability to work extended hours on evenings and Saturdays, as needed, is required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social-economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on May 4, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Salary Grade or Rank
$18.25 - $23.90
Job Posting Open Date
Type of Position
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have at least (2) two years of relevant work
experience in the operation of multimedia equipment; including
smart boards, Smart LCD screen technology, LCD Projectors, laptop
computers, document cameras, consumer video equipment, audio
presentation equipment, theatrical audio and lighting equipment,
and computer equipment (PC's and laptops)?
- * Do you have demonstrated technical proficiency to launch and
access inventory and scheduling software information using a
personal computer or laptop?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency utilizing Microsoft Word
- * Do you have the ability to transfer digital media from one
format to another?
- * Do have the ability to work extended hours on evenings and
Saturdays, as needed?
- * Do you have access to reliable transportation?
- * Do you have the ability to lift fifty (50) pounds?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application