Biology Lab Supervisor & Lecturer
The Berry College Department of Biology invites applications for a Biology Laboratory Supervisor and Lecturer beginning August 1, 2021. This is a full-time, non-tenure track staff position with teaching responsibilities on a 10 month renewable contact that runs annually from August 1st until May 31st.
The primary responsibility of this position is to work with faculty and supervise student workers to set up introductory and advanced biology labs. Additionally, this position will include teaching introductory biology lab sections.
Position duties include:
- Hiring, training, and supervising student workers in the preparation of laboratory courses
- Teaching introductory biology lab courses
- Purchasing materials and reagents for teaching and research labs
- Maintaining lab safety
- Updating and maintaining the departmental inventory
- Disposing of chemical and biological waste
- Tracking class spending and budget
Applicants are required to have a master’s degree in biology or a related field and have experience working in a laboratory setting. Applicants with prior teaching experience will be given priority. ABD candidates will be considered though all degree requirements must be completed and degree must be awarded before August 1st, 2021.
Preferred candidates will also have the following:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership potential
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
About Berry College:
Located on more than 27,000 acres in northwest Georgia in a setting of great natural beauty, Berry College has an enrollment of about 2,200 undergraduate and graduate students. The college is located in Rome, Georgia, 75 miles northwest of Atlanta and 75 miles south of Chattanooga, Tennessee.
As a comprehensive liberal arts college with a distinctive mission and purpose, Berry unites a challenging academic program with practical work experience in a context that nurtures spiritual and moral growth, including significant service to others.
We seek faculty who are committed to excellence as teachers-scholars-mentors and staff who are also committed to serving as mentors and supervisors for students who work on campus. Although not required, more than 90 percent of our students participate in our premier student work program. Employee benefits are competitive.
Applicants are encouraged to visit our employment website at https://berry.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=130239
Application materials include:
- A letter of interest
- A CV/resume
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- A statement of experience with, and/or commitment to teaching a diverse student body
- Undergraduate and graduate unofficial transcripts
- Contact information for three references (letters not requested at this time)
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
An Equal Opportunity Institution, Berry complies with all applicable laws and provisions prohibiting discrimination in its educational and employment policies. Berry respects the essential dignity of all individuals and accordingly hires and promotes employees without regard to matters of personal identity such as ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and political affiliation.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Mount Berry
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Mount Berry
- Biology & Life Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Mount Berry