Academic Librarian - (12 month non-tenure track)
This is a full-time, 12-month term-appointment reporting to the Director of the Library. This position is involved in all aspects of reference, instruction, collection development, and electronic resources management. This position is a critical part of the Library and Academic Services team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITITES Reference and Instructional Services
- Assists students, faculty, and community patrons in locating materials and information needed for assignments and other research purposes.
- Works with other librarians as a team to oversee all aspects of library reference services, continually assessing the service needs of patrons and maintaining a focus on student success.
- Perform information literacy instruction and support in-classroom environments in collaboration with other librarians and faculty.
- Provides instructional technology services, support, and training.
- Empowers users to access all aspects of the collection and beyond.
- Collaborate with librarians in all aspects of electronic resource management.
- Collaborate with librarians in all aspects of print and electronic collection development.
- Collaborate with library staff on metadata management for all materials.
- Work with library staff to ensure effective participation in the Federal Depository Library Program.
- Works with library staff to support, develop and promote Library outreach programming both on and off campus.
- Works with other campus departments to provide seamless service to the campus community.
- Work with Academic Services staff to support Academic Services
- Assist librarians on management of integrated library system.
- Maintain library special collections, archives, and virtual museum.
- Stays current on issues and trends in information/library services.
- Works with library staff to implement support and promote new technology initiatives.
- Assist library staff in providing high quality service, in circulation, and interlibrary loan.
- Contributes to the development and pursuit of annual goals/objectives for the library.
- Provides leadership on campus and in the community.
- Works as part of the Library/Academic Services Team.
- Work with Library/Academic Services staff to ensure high quality online communication through web pages, social media, and all online tools and resources.
- Works with Media Studio team to assist in production of digital audio and video content.
- Serves on campus and/or professional committees and represents LSSU Library when appropriate.
- MLS from an ALA accredited program.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and implement new technology.
- Demonstrated understanding of established information literacy standards for academic libraries.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrated service-oriented attitude.
- Committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- Evidence of professional initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated teaching ability.
- Ability to communicate with diverse staff, user groups and at all levels of technical ability.
- Ability to work as a positive member in team based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently.
- Six (6) or more months of experience working for a library.
- Available to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience working in a library.
- Experience with gauging user needs and ability to recommend solutions that will improve library service.
- Experience with managing and/or maintaining digital repositories.
- Experience with information library assessment models.
- Instructional Design training and experience.