Assistant Professor of Forestry
Title: Assistant Professor of Forestry
Department: Forest Resources
Job Category: Faculty
About the College
Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (ABAC) is a state college in the University System of Georgia with two instructional sites in Southwest Georgia. ABAC’s mission is to provide excellent education by engaging, teaching, coaching, mentoring, and providing relevant experiences that prepare the graduate for life. The main campus is located in Tifton, Georgia. Tifton is a progressive community known for its quality-of-life environment and was recently named as one of the 100 Best Small Towns in America. The college has a student body of approximately 4,000 students and a teaching faculty of approximately 135. The School of Agriculture and Natural Resources is one of four schools and offers six of the college’s 12 Bachelor of Science degrees. The school’s enrollment is approximately 32% of the college’s total enrollment (~1,300) and has approximately 50 faculty and staff. The Department of Forest Resources is one of three departments within the school. It has a total spring semester enrollment in the BS in Natural Resource Management of approximately 235 students and has a total of nine faculty and staff.
The Department of Forest Resources, housed within the School of Agriculture and Natural Resources, seeks applicants for an Assistant Professor of Forestry. This is a 10-month, tenure-track position. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses in support of the BS in Natural Resource Management, advise students and student organizations; engage in scholarly activities, engage in service activities, develop partnerships with commodity and industry organizations, and work effectively as a member of a faculty team to continually update and improve the content of courses and degree programs in the department. In addition, the successful candidate will work with the community and college on initiatives and activities that enhance the student learning experience and community relationships and promotes student engagement. Specific assignments will depend on the successful candidate’s experience and area of interest.
- An earned doctorate in in Forestry or closely related discipline (must have completed all requirements for the doctorate by start date of employment).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use current technology in support of instructional activities.
- Primary interest in and firm commitment to undergraduate education.
- The ability to work effectively with students, faculty, staff, administrators, alumni, and industry stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work with industry stakeholders and other related groups in developing and promoting activities that enhance the student learning experience, promotes student engagement, and enhances community and industry relationships.
- Experience in teaching and advising at the college-level.
- Professional work experience in forestry or closely related field.
- A record of successful extramural funding and/or scholarly activities.
Application Instructions: All applications are submitted electronically. Candidates will submit a cover letter, CV, philosophy of teaching, copy of transcripts (unofficial at the time of application), and a list of three references with complete contact information. Finalists will be required to submit official transcripts and three letters of reference.
Review of applications will begin May 17, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment Start Date: August 1, 2021
For additional information: Contact Dr. William Moore, Department Head, Department of Forest Resources, 229-391-4805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tifton
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tifton
- Other Science & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tifton