Founding Director, Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences Program
High Point University in High Point, North Carolina is pleased to announce the launching of a Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences Program, and invites applications and nominations for a full-time, tenure-track position of Founding Director and Associate Professor. The Biomedical Sciences Program is scheduled to begin in summer of 2022 and will be housed within the Congdon School of Health Sciences. The mission of the program will be to provide a rigorous MS degree experience for students who wish to strengthen their academic credentials before applying to medical, dental, or other health sciences schools, or who seek an advanced degree before pursuing a biotech, pharmaceutical or biomedical research career.
The Founding Director of the Biomedical Sciences Program will play a significant role in the strategic planning of the curriculum, mission and outcomes of the program, and in ensuring that they are aligned with those of the Congdon School of Health Sciences and the university; in the hiring and management of exceptional, student-focused faculty and staff; in collaborating with admissions on the marketing of the program and recruitment of students; and in providing academic, educational and administrative leadership for the program.
The Director reports to the Dean of the Congdon School of Health Sciences. As a member of the University’s administrative team, the Director has a role in University-wide leadership.
High Point University is committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Doctorate (PhD or DSc preferred) in a biomedical field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of classroom and laboratory teaching experience, preferably at the graduate level.
- Demonstrated track record and high standards for research, publications, and grantsmanship.
- Strong understanding of the preparation and admissions requirements for medical, dental, physician assistant, and other health professional schools.
- Ability to network effectively and establish relationships with other graduate and professional programs (medical, dental, physician assistant, veterinary, PhD) and businesses (biotech, pharma).
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism.
- Willingness to embrace working in an interdisciplinary
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, collaborative, team-building, and communication skills (written and oral).
About the University
At High Point University, every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people. ® HPU is a God, family and country school. It is located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is a liberal arts institution with 5,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It is ranked No. 1 by U.S. News and World Report for Best Regional Colleges in the South, No. 1 for Most Innovative Regional Colleges in the South and recognized for Best Undergraduate Teaching in the South. The Princeton Review named HPU in the 2020 edition of “The Best 385 Colleges” and on the Best Southeastern Colleges “2020 Best Colleges: Region by Region” list. HPU was also recognized for Most Beautiful Campus (No. 18), Best College Dorms (No. 5) and Best Campus Food (No. 20). For nine years in a row, HPU has been named a College of Distinction with special recognition for business and education programs and career development. The university offers 60 undergraduate majors, 64 undergraduate minors and 13 graduate degree programs. It is a member of the NCAA, Division I and the Big South Conference. Visit High Point University on the web at http://www.highpoint.edu
Formal Application Process
Please send cover letter, curriculum vitae, and full contact information for three academic references to the High Point University employment portal http://www.highpoint.edu/administration/employment-opportunities/
For additional inquiries, please contact Dr. Angela Bauer (Vice President of Academic Affairs) at 336.841.9501 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The review process will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. High Point University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. High Point University does not sponsor H1B Visa applications for new faculty.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Biology & Life Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point