Graduate Admission Counselor
Suffolk University is a private, urban university located in the heart of downtown Boston. Our college green is the Boston Common and we are steps from dozens of historic sites including the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, City Hall and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campus—Boston and Suffolk blend together.
Suffolk has been committed to creating an exceptional learning experience since 1906. Our vision is to be recognized as a dynamic institution that fosters engaged learning, rigorous scholarship, innovative thinking, and community collaboration across disciplines. We will ensure that Suffolk graduates are versatile and prepared for modern society and the new world market. We will provide rich curricula, experiential learning opportunities and professional mentoring through increased collaboration with alumni and community partners. We will recruit, mentor, and support a diverse faculty of teacher-scholars who are passionately committed to preparing our students to be leaders in the global community. We will inspire investment in a Suffolk community that is built on ethical, forward-thinking leadership, teamwork, and cooperation.
We compete for the best talent. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse community. We are actively seeking applicants from groups that might be under-represented because of race/color, gender, religion, real or perceived disability, national origin or LGBTQ status. As part of our commitment we encourage you to complete the demographic portion of the application in addition to submitting your cover letter and resume/CV as it will assist us in targeting our recruitment efforts.Please note that Suffolk University conducts background checks as a condition of employment.
We are also committed to the well-being of our employees. Our terrific benefits package for benefits-eligible positions include, but are not limited to:
- Generous paid time-off programs and commitment to work-life balance
- Tuition free course benefits in the College of Arts and Sciences and in the Sawyer Business School for employees with additional tuition benefits for spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Top-notch well-being care available through Harvard Pilgrim Medical/Delta Dental and a Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Employee Assistance Program that provides employees and their family members with initial assessment, referrals and short-term counseling for personal and work challenges
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- Represent the CAS and SBS graduate programs at local, national and international recruitment events to identify and attract best-fit candidates for Suffolk University. Advise prospective students on application process. Identifies opportunities to present to audiences through professional organizations, networking groups and college and universities events.
- Meet with faculty program directors of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Sawyer Business School routinely to discuss plans for recruitment and brainstorm ideas. Discuss networking opportunities and facilitate those connections. Goal of building and maintaining relationships with faculty program directors to leverage their expertise to successfully recruit prospective students.
- Ensure data on recruitment efforts and status of applications in the pipeline or queue is complete and to inform the success of recruitment efforts in converting prospective students to applicants.
- Ensure the pipeline of prospective student applications is reviewed for status in the process. Goal of conversion from application to enrollment. This requires follow up via email and phone.
- Ensure all applications are reviewed based on established criteria for each program. Responsible for the timely and accurate evaluation of graduate program applicants. Using a digital-based application system will ensure applications are complete, assigning a rank based on established criteria for special financial aid merit programs, code applications with a preliminary decision which is routed to Director of Graduate Admission for final review.
- Will perform other work as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Sales or marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment
- Strong time management and ability to meet strict, frequent deadlines
- Strong computer proficiency including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel
- Ability to engage and network with prospective applicants including the ability to represent the University professionally, express the value of attending Suffolk and to ‘sell’ a vision
- Strong creativity and innovation; willingness to try new approaches to achieve desired objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to write a wide variety of concise, engaging and professional material directed to a wide variety of internal and external audiences
- Must be 18 years old, have at least two years of driving experience and have a valid driver’s license from the U.S. or U.S. Territories; must submit to an annual driver record check and maintain an acceptable driving record per university and/or insurance carrier requirements; must complete the University driver safety training within 60 days of hire and additional driver training as needed.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, including having a valid passport
- Ability working nights and weekends as required for recruiting events
Responsible for meeting enrollment targets for a portfolio of programs within the College of Arts and Science (CAS) and Sawyer Business School (SBS) in addition to supporting the overall enrollment targets for graduate admission. Emphasis will be placed on increasing awareness of Suffolk as a leader in graduate education, and increasing inquiries, applications, and enrollments of high quality students through strategic initiatives and superior customer service.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Distance Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston