Study Abroad Advisor
The Study Abroad Advisor will advise undergraduate students for Belmont-approved study abroad programs; assist with aspects of the application, selection and enrollment process; assist with processing transcripts; coordinate pre-departure, re-entry, and campus-wide orientations; assist with the development and implementation of marketing for study abroad; liaise with Belmont faculty and administration on study abroad-related initiatives and program management. S/he will work directly with students, faculty, staff, program providers, partner universities and parents of Belmont students.
- Advising. Advise 300 - 400 students and prospective students on study abroad program options - provide general information, admission requirements, and registration components about Belmont-approved study abroad programs. Administer the application, selection and enrollment process; such as reviewing applications and admission decisions for semester students., Student Enrollment. Coordinate student registration for courses with partner institutions and third party providers, as needed. Plan and implement pre-departure orientation programs for all Belmont students who study abroad. Coordinate re-entry programming for past participants. Oversee students who assist in coordinating study abroad logistics.
- Communication. Develop, distribute, and maintain study abroad informational and promotional materials (print and web). Regularly inform students, parents, academic units about opportunities available for Belmont students. Assist in the planning and coordinating of study abroad fairs, conduct information sessions (Study Abroad 101s) and organize/publicize student information sessions and convocations.
- Academics. Coordinate and manage academic aspects of study abroad, including but not limited to, course pre-approval process, assisting with processing of transcripts for courses taken abroad, ongoing conversations with academic faculty about approved courses for students.
- External Relationships. Serve as liaison to study abroad providers, institutions, and exchange partner universities. Act as liaison with Consulates for all relevant countries and provide visa assistance when relevant.
- Student Employees. Hire and supervise federal work study students. Recruit and train highly selective set of students to volunteer as peer advisors for advising students throughout application process. Jointly supervise graduate intern(s) when necessary.
- Program Management. Liaise with Belmont faculty and administration on study abroad program management and initiatives (i.e., Student Financial Services, Dean of Students, Registrar’s Office, Residence Life, Office of Admissions and Health Services). Liaise with university donor related to Lumos Student Travel Award initiative and interested students.
- The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
Belmont University seeks to attract and retain highly qualified faculty and staff that share the University's values and will contribute to its mission and vision to be a leader among teaching universities bringing together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a Christian community of learning and service.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with a broad population of students, parents, faculty and partners/vendors involved in study abroad.
- Deal effectively with broad international student population.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite and have the ability to learn Banner software.
Some college coursework required, Bachelor's degree
2 years office experience, ideally in a higher education and/or study abroad office setting.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville
- Cooperative & Experiential Education Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville