Testing Specialist - Part Time
TESTING SPECIALIST - PART TIME
Olive-Harvey College is seeking a Testing Specialist. When you join Olive-Harvey College, you will have the opportunity to be an important part of the students' educational journey by assisting with the administration of large scale nationally standardized testing programs, computerized college placement exams, or other testing requiring special arrangements while ensuring the security of the exam environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for setting up/clearing the Exam Room.
- Completes documentation related to the exam including tally of examinees.
- Inspects admittance documents and personal identification to assure that only authorized persons are admitted to the exam site.
- Instructs and monitors examinees to ensure compliance with prescribed rules and to prevent dishonesty or collusion among examinees.
- Responsible for the security of confidential exam material and booklets during the exam, constantly aware that all booklets are accounted for, seeing that no one leaves the Exam Room without authorization, and assuring that no examination material is taken from the room.
- Assists in clarifying test instructions for candidates.
- Collects test materials at end of testing period and enters test results in SPAS, if necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree highly preferred with course work in Business, Human Relations, or Psychology, supplemented by 2 to 4 years of experience in student services.
- Completion of one semester of standardized test administration; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
- Flexible schedule is required, available to work mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!