Assistant/Associate Professor in Computer Science
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga College of Engineering and Computer Science invites applications for a tenure-track position in Computer Science of Instruction beginning August 1, 2021.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers degrees at the BS, MS, and PhD levels as follows:
- BS degree in Computer Science
- Concentrations: Software Systems, Data Science, STEM Education, Cyber Security
- BSCpE degree in Computer Engineering
- MS degree in Computer Science
- Concentrations: Computer Science, Data Science, Cyber Security
- MS degree in Data Analytics (a joint program with the Rollins
College of Business)
- Tracks: Computer Science, Business
- PhD in Computational Science, Computer Science concentration
The successful candidate will be expected to teach and conduct research in Computer Science .
A successful candidate will possess the following requirements:
- PhD degree in Computer Science or a closely-related field. Individuals who are “all but dissertation” (ABD) will be considered; however, the degree must be awarded within twelve months of the first semester of employment.
- All areas in Computer Science will be considered, however preference will be given to candidates who have strong background in Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering, or Database .
- Proven experience in Computer Science .
- Ability to teach introductory/advanced courses in Computer Science .
- A strong interest in working with graduate and undergraduate students.
- Ability and experience to actively seek external research funding and publish scholarly work in peer-reviewed journals and/or conferences appropriate to the field.
- Ability and willingness to participate in professional service and community engagement activities.
- Willingness to engage in a variety of instructional modalities, including online instruction.
- Ability to assist in the accomplishment of University, College, and departmental goals and strategic plans.
- Willingness to engage in assisting the UTC campus in its ability to reach additional goals as specified in UTC’s Strategic Plan, including a demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Application Procedures :
Applicants must submit all the following information within our online application system for consideration:
- Cover letter / letter of interest that addresses the required qualifications
- CV including up-to-date personal contact information (e-mail, phone, etc.)
- Unofficial transcripts of all degrees
- Teaching statement
- Research statement
- Diversity statement
- Contact information (including names, titles, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers) for three professional references who will be requested to write confidential letters of recommendation
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Preference will be given to those qualified candidates who apply by May 7, 2021.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is the second largest school in the University of Tennessee System, serving a diverse student body of more than 11,000 undergraduate and graduate students through five academic colleges. UTC offers a unique blend of private and public school traditions and is a driving force for achieving excellence, embracing diversity, inspiring positive change, and enriching the community. Since its founding as Chattanooga University in 1886, UTC has developed a reputation for excellence built on an unusual blend of the private and public traditions of American higher education. For more than 83 years, the university was a private school. In 1969, UTC became part of the state university system. Today, UTC is on a journey to excellence – boldly embracing a passion for excellence in all things and focused on changing lives and transforming communities. The UTC commitment – each and every day – is to earn the trust and confidence of those we serve. Our goal is to make a difference in our community and in the lives of our students.
Chattanooga, the fourth largest city in the state, is located in Southeast Tennessee near the border of Georgia at the junction of four interstate highways. The city has received national recognition for the renaissance of its beautiful downtown and redevelopment of its riverfront. Chattanooga also has the fastest internet in the country. Home to the first Gig Internet in the United States, Chattanooga has a 100% fiber network that links every home and business in a 600-square mile area. Companies like Unum, McKee, U.S. Xpress, Volkswagen, Coke and Amazon.com have chosen to set up shop in Chattanooga. Attractions such as the Tennessee Aquarium, Lookout Mountain, Civil War battlefield sites, the African American Museum, and the Appalachian Trail bring thousands of people to the area, as do events like the Riverbend Festival, Nightfall, Jazzanooga, the Creative Discovery Museum for Children, and the Southern Writers Conference. Chattanooga is the home to the seven-time NCAA Southern Conference Football Champions, The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Mocs. People who love the outdoors use Chattanooga as a base for hang-gliding, bass fishing, mountain climbing and caving expeditions; the beautiful Smoky Mountains and Tennessee River support the greatest variety of flora of any area in the United States. Chattanooga also has a long and rich past with regard to diversity, which includes Native American heritage, Civil War history, and the Civil Rights movement. Chattanooga is also just a two hour (or less) drive from Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville, and Birmingham.
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chattanooga