Associate Chair, Business & Computer Science
*Open to Current MC Employees Only*
SALARY: $66,036.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 4/21/2021
CLOSING DATE: 5/5/2021 11:59 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Business and Computer Science
REPORTS TO: Department Chair, Business and Computer Science
Under the direction and supervision of the department chair:
1. Leads the efforts to develop and update curriculum materials (including course outlines, syllabi, and supplements) that follow College governance and department protocols.
2. Assists in the development and implementation of departmental and divisional assessment activities, including course and program assessment.
3. Provides departmental services to students, including advising students regarding coursework, approving student course schedules, program changes, and course substitutions; resolving student conflict issues.
4. Assists in adjunct faculty recruitment and oversees adjunct faculty development and evaluation.
5. Assists the department chair in scheduling courses.
6. Teaches 1 course (Computer Science) per semester.
7. Performs other appropriate duties, as assigned.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Systems
• Two years of teaching experience at the college level
• Two years administrative experience in a college or university setting
• An earned Doctorate
• Proficiency in core computer science material; experience in teaching object-oriented programming in Java, computer architecture, and/or Unix/Linux
• Excellent computer, interpersonal and communication skills
SCHEDULE: Ten (10) month position, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
RETIREMENT: Pension Eligible
Any Middlesex College employee hired after September 1, 2011 will have to meet the New Jersey residency law requirement.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison