Administrative Assistant for Academic Success & Enrollment Management
Working within the division of Academic Affairs, this position provides administrative support to the Senior Associate Provost of Academic Success and the Associate Provost of Enrollment Management. Serve as a principal liaison between the Academic Success and Enrollment Management areas and Administrative Affairs for business functions such as HR/Payroll, Accounting, travel requisitions, purchase orders, etc. Provides calendaring and meeting support, department records management, bookkeeping, processing/coordinating of various office paperwork, event scheduling, and general reception duties for the areas.
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Associate Provost of Academic Success and the Associate Provost of Enrollment Management. This includes but is not limited to facilitating department work order requests, scheduling meetings and reserving rooms, copying, unlocking doors, ordering supplies, and event planning and management needs.
- Greet the public and visitors to Associate Provost office area, answering phones, taking messages, distributing mail, and directing visitors/guests to the appropriate areas/offices on campus.
- Assist with purchasing card program, reconciling and entering charges and submitting monthly statements. Prepare purchase requisitions, check requests, travel authorizations and claims. Assist with ordering office supplies, equipment, copy paper, maintenance agreements for copiers, etc. as needed.
- Maintain proficiency in use of University database systems, such as Slate, Banner, Event Management Software/Systems, Desktop Publishing software, etc.
- Assist with department recordkeeping, bookkeeping, attending meetings and taking/distributing minutes.
- Use EMS system software and coordinate with the Central Scheduling office for reservation requests of HCC 1st Floor Conference Room for employees, etc.
- Assist in updating area web pages; may assist in designing flyers, brochures, presentations, memos, and other correspondences for Associate Provosts as requested.
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree, or high school diploma/GED with college coursework and/or post-secondary certificates equivalent to an Associate’s degree, required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two years' office experience required; experience working in higher education preferred.
- Good working knowledge of computer software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Desktop Publishing, Internet, basic website design/maintenance, and email; knowledge of University operating systems such as Banner, Argos, EMS software, etc. is preferred.
- Ability to interact with faculty, staff and students at all levels while in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and correspondence forms.
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures, and equipment including office machines, inventory, and ordering supplies.
- Moderate knowledge of financial recordkeeping preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to establish and maintain effective working relations with staff, faculty, students, and community members.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time classified staff (overtime-eligible) position. Annual salary of $30,680, with a desired start date of July 1, 2021. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins May 10 , 2021 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University (DSU) is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating a student-centered active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - firstname.lastname@example.org , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - email@example.com , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George