3452 Spur 399,, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experienced Curriculum Specialist .
In collaboration with the Dean of Academic Services or designee, provide specialized and technical support to the curriculum review process to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements. Provide comprehensive administrative support in researching, coding, and management of the district-wide curriculum files.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen and determine appropriate action required for documentation submitted by faculty and administrators. Review, examine, and make corrections to curriculum documents and submit for approval to Dean of Academic Services.
- Review curriculum descriptions for accuracy and compliance with a variety of interrelated rules, codes, policies, and procedures established by the College, regulatory entities, and accreditation agencies. Present curriculum revisions to Dean of Academic Services or designee and make revisions and modifications as appropriate.
- Enter approved curriculum related documentation into internal and/or external databases. Work collaboratively with the Curriculum Coordinator or Specialist to produce and maintain a variety of reports, lists, and databases related to curriculum and assessment.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the college catalog. Confer with academic professionals to maintain program descriptions and degree requirements in the college catalog, web pages and Intranet sites.
- Assist in examining course schedules for accuracy of schedule-builds with college catalog requirements and work with division or continuing education unit offices to correct errors before the schedule is published.
- Provide updates and inform Executive Deans/Deans of course and program revisions and program status. Maintain accurate curricular documentation and make curricular information accessible to external agencies, as well as Collin College faculty, staff, and students.
- Support the Dean of Academic Services or designee in working with Public Relations to ensure accurate institutional representation of curricular materials, in both electronic and printed formats.
- Ensure quality control and compliance through periodic review of all curricular information included in internal and public information management systems, consistent with curricular approvals by external agencies. Collaborate across college departments and with external agencies to resolve issues and to maintain the Student Information System.
- Serve in curriculum-related committees, as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance
with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of experience in higher education required. Familiarity with post-secondary curriculum maintenance is desired/preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Information Management Systems; Banner preferred
- Knowledge of Web/Internet
- Knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and Adobe Products
- Familiarity with post-secondary academic programs preferred
- Verbal and written communication skills Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Record keeping skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $43,048.00 - 49,505.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Accreditation Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney