Classroom Assistant Child Dev
Classroom Assistant Child Dev
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Spring Creek Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Classroom Assistant Child Dev .
Support the teaching and administrative staff of the Child Development Lab School in the daily functions as a classroom assistant in Lab School and Child Care facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work along side of Teachers to assist with the daily curriculum which is developmentally appropriate and provides social, emotional, physical and cognitive learning experience for children.
- Prepare snack and lunch according to Child Development Center guidelines as instructed by the administrators.
- Assist staff and teachers with maintaining a safe, attractive and organized classroom environment by cleaning before, during, and at the end-of-the-day with wiping, putting up chairs, toys, etc.
- Follow proper safety guidelines of the department and child care facility to ensure the safety and well-being of children at all times.
- Perform laundry duties on a regular basis.
- Use positive guidance techniques when communicating with the children.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques and standards with minimal supervision within the assigned time frame.
- Work varied hours as assigned to ensure the child development center is meeting local, state or federal regulations.
- Perform general cleaning before, during and end of day to maintain a safe and clean child care environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
High School Diploma and one (1) year related experience in child care setting. Experience working with infants preferred.
Two (2) years of college or an associate degree in Early Childhood Education from a regionally credited institution preferred.
One (1) year working at an NAEYC accredited program preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
First Aid with Rescue Breathing and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for infants and children.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge: DAP (Developmentally Appropriate Practices) required by Texas child care licensing and by NAEYC (National Association for Education of Young Children).
- Knowledge of State regulations required child care facilities
- Knowledge of NAEYC (National Association for Education of Young Children) standards and criteria
- Knowledge of child development and early childhood education
- Knowledge of classroom curriculum and ability to implement lesson plans in the absence of teacher/s
- Knowledge working with a diverse population
- Knowledge of nutrition guidelines
- Knowledge of State regulations regarding prepping food and sanitation
- Physical, mental and emotional skills to care for children
- Ability to articulate and perform the standards and practices of the lab school.
- Ability to substitute for classroom teacher in absence of lab teacher.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and display a caring concern towards children, parents and co-workers.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $13.07 - 13.07
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.