Men's Basketball Video Coordinator
The Men’s Basketball Video Coordinator works independently to provide video technology support and creative content for the men’s basketball coaching staff. The incumbent plans, coordinates and provides day-to-day video services for the men’s basketball staff including practice and game video support, management of workstations and network, and technical support under the general supervision of the Men’s Basketball Head Coach. The position will also produce graphic and video content for recruiting and social media.
- Manage and oversee day-to-day video and technology services and provide technical expertise and support to basketball staff
- Work with numerous cameras and equipment (HD Camcorders) to record practices, games and miscellaneous content
- Troubleshoot and perform basic maintenance on equipment
- Work with XOS Thunder to edit and organize practices, games, cutups, and more in an efficient, effective manner
- Coordinate travel, set-up meeting rooms, and ready computers for coaches to view media at road games
- Support client network, including software and hardware upgrades and implementation as related to video applications
- Work with Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects and InDesign to produce high volumes of graphics and video content for recruiting and social media, while maintaining a strong quality of work
- Work with tight deadlines and respond to multiple constituents and prioritize projects, including working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Perform detailed work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Provide leadership during practices and games with student workers
- Recruit, train, develop and help manage student workers
- Delegate and oversee projects accordingly
- Develop and implement best working procedures
- Troubleshoots issues on the field during practices and games
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of production techniques and equipment
- Proficient with XOS Thunder and Thunder Cloud to edit practices and games and create cutups
- General knowledge of production principles and practices for instructional media.
- Strong organizational skills to independently manage and coordinate production, budgets and other projects
- Strong leadership skills to manage, develop and lead students and other staff to put them in a position to be successful
- Strong communication skills to work with coaches and troubleshoot issues
- Self-motivated individual who takes initiative on new projects is preferred
- Ability to develop, create, stage and/ or produce professional quality visuals and evaluate production effectiveness in meeting objectives
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, and/or InDesign required
- Ability to understand new techniques and understand operating procedures and underlying technology in order to use and troubleshoot equipment and systems
- Ability to produce high volumes of graphics, while maintaining a strong quality of work.
- Ability to take and incorporate feedback to improve designs and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong research skills and broad knowledge of resources and techniques which communicate information through multimedia productions
- Anticipates and/or responds effectively to changing trends and circumstances, welcomes fresh perspectives, and learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly for making graphics and posting to social media accounts
- Ability to work with and train students involved in filming or editing practices and games as well as in creating graphics
- Strong organizational and communication (both written and verbal) skills with ability to build and maintain working relationships
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 60 pounds
- Ability to work from heights heights and filming in various weather conditions
- Ability to work evening and weekend work hours, travel between South campus and main campus, travel for athletic events
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible full-time work experience in still and motion picture photography, including a thorough knowledge of video production techniques
- A combination of education and experience may be considered
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible full-time work or work experience in still and motion picture photography
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of video production techniques in a Division I Men’s Basketball Program
- Basketball video experience in athletics setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of XOS system
Classification: Media Production Specialist II
Salary Range: $3,515/month - $6,358/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: April 22, 2021 through May 6, 2021 . This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: April 22, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time