Administrative Assistant II
The Administrative Assistant II provides administrative support to the Office of Board Relations and the FGCU Board of Trustees. Performs a variety of administrative, fiscal, and planning activities, some of which require advanced or specialized knowledge and skills. Coordinates and facilitates meetings, program functions, and/or special events, as appropriate. Trains and supervises support staff and/or students. May coordinate specified administrative activities and reporting across multiple organizational units.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Oversees and/or performs a range of diverse administrative activities for the department or organizational unit; serves as a central point of liaison with other departments and external constituencies in the resolution of a variety of day-to-day matters concerning the unit.
- Serves as the liaison to various constituents through correspondence, phone, and in-person contact, including responsibility for unit reception.
- Coordinates a wide variety of projects, such as events, conferences, and meetings.
- Assists in administrative problem solving, program/project planning, development, and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Provides and/or oversees support activities for the unit such as answering telephones, assisting and resolving problems and inquiries of visitors, review and control of incoming and outgoing correspondence, and follow-up on operational commitments.
- Collects information, conducts research, and prepares materials for use in management or departmental discussions/meetings or for decision-making purposes.
- Interprets policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and provides input into development of new policies and processes.
- Establishes, updates, and maintains unit’s files, inventories, and records; implements and maintains data management systems, as required.
- Utilizes knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to create, compose, and edit technical and/or administrative correspondence and documentation.
- Maintains office supply inventory, interacts with vendors, or serves as contact for space, equipment or facility issues.
- Monitors, reconciles, and assists with fiscal administration for the unit, including but not limited to budgets, funding, grants, contracts, payroll, employment, travel, and/or purchasing; may assist with fiscal planning, including participating in seeking alternate sources of funding.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
High school diploma or equivalent.
Eight years of professional full-time high level administrative support experience providing budget management, payroll, maintaining calendars, and project coordination.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
Work experience in a higher education setting.
Experience supporting and providing professional relations to governing boards.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of general office procedures.
Knowledge of budget control principles, practices, and procedures.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and learn new applications and systems.
Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
Ability to effectively manage the work of others by providing information, guidance and motivation.
Ability to interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies and procedures consistently.
Ability to analyze and solve problems, draw valid conclusions, and/or develop appropriate alternatives where applicable.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
Additional Position Information:
This position s erves as essential personnel and provides assistance in the event of an emergency on campus.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000
This posting will close on Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Alumni Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers