Internal Auditor I
The Internal Auditor I performs entry level audit related tasks and special projects related to financial, operations, and compliance audits and participates in special studies and investigations as requested.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
• Participates in the planning of audits or reviews by performing background research, identifying and assessing risks and creating audit programs which define scope, timing and resource considerations.
• Performs audit or consultation fieldwork by conducting interviews, reviewing documents, extracting data, analyzing information, developing and administering surveys, identifying internal control weaknesses and opportunities for operational improvement with an emphasis on cost savings and operational efficiency using professional judgment in formulating conclusions.
• Assists in the development and review of audit programs including assisting with the maintenance of Internal Audit’s Quality Assurance and Improvement Program.
• Promotes compliance with established internal control procedures by reviewing records, reports, transactions, operating practices and documentation.
• Assists in the preparation of work papers in accordance with International Standards of Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Keeps audit manager and audit director informed of audit progress in order to implement audit recommendations.
• Stays current on trends and education in the auditing field in order to evaluate effectiveness, efficiency, and to ensure best practices are being utilized.
• Assists in drafting memos and audit reports which document the background, scope and recommendations.
• Attend meetings, conferences, and educational workshops (online and in-person).
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Business, Accounting or closely related field.
Two years of professional full-time experience with an internal or external auditing department or firm.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Business, Accounting or closely related field.
Completion of a recognized auditing certification.
Audit experience in education, government, or not-for-profit environment.
Experience with current international standards for the professional practice of internal auditing.
Experience with Banner, Workday, or other higher education enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.
Experience with database query applications.
Experience with electronic audit working papers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of policies, procedures, and guidelines established by the International Standards for the Professional practice of Internal Auditing.
Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, finance or management principles, practices and procedures.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
Ability to assess reliability and validity of information and to make effective, constructive, and objective recommendations.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to think critically and make clear, well-reasoned and timely decisions.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments.
Ability to travel to off-site locations, conferences, workshops, etc.
This posting will close on Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers