Job Code/Title 82753 - H - Labs/Research Assistant 3 Position Number HU1362 Working Title Research Assistant Department Dentistry / Philips Institute Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $16.00 - $17.00 Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 29 Normal work days Monday - Friday Normal work hours Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Description of the Job
This research assistant position supports the principal investigator with general laboratory assistance including specific research projects and overall operations of the laboratory. This position will assist with studies involving molecular mechanisms underlying chemotherapeutic response in cancer cells using Molecular and Cell biology techniques. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
– Make up laboratory solutions and compounds.
– Work with DNA, RNA and protein.
– Perform monitoring and preventative maintenance of laboratory equipment.
– Clean, set up, and store equipment.
– Record experimental results in laboratory notebooks.
• B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or equivalent applicable training
• Extensive knowledge of basic molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry or cell biology with relevant laboratory knowledge and experience including ability to calculate molarities and make up complex solutions, understanding of acid-base titration, and ability to work with DNA, RNA and protein
• Extensive mammalian cell culture experience
• Ability to follow directions in performing complex procedures
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, and use of the internet for research
• Ability to maintain Web-based database and update forms/procedures
• Ability to serve as a team member and to continuously refine protocols and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
Preferred Qualifications Job Open Date 04/21/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must include a resume when submitting an application.
Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105326 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Pharmacology Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond