Adjunct - Open Rank
Job Code/Title AJ - Adjunct Position Number J00001 Working Title Adjunct - Open Rank Department Chemical & Life Science Engineering Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week ~10 Normal work days varies Normal work hours varies Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Department of Chemical and Life Science Engineering is excited to announce an opening for an adjunct faculty member (open rank) to co-teach a 3-credit engineering course, Brewing Science, Engineering, and Society.
Job duties will include:
- Preparing and delivering lectures
- Co-teach course with current College of Engineering faculty member
- Laboratory experiences in brewing and fermentation technologies
- Preparing and assigning homework problems and exams related to the same
- Grading homework problems and exams and assigning final course grades
- Holding office hours and answering student questions
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering plus demonstrated experience in brewing.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- The College of Engineering supports a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment. The candidate will demonstrate
experience that shows their commitment to fostering such an environment, and
-teaching experience at the undergraduate college level.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in fermentation technologies and/or the food and beverage industry.
Job Open Date 04/22/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information
Please upload your cover letter, CV, and teaching statement to your application.
Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105466 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other Document