Administrative Assistant III, Office for Equity & Inclusion (0.75FTE)
The Office for Equity & Inclusion ( OEI ) provides leadership and guidance to address systemic inequities for all members of the Wesleyan community.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Equity & Inclusion / Title IX Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant provides direct administrative support to the five-person OEI leadership team, as well as all programs and departments within The Office for Equity & Inclusion.
• Providing reception and managing inquiries to the office of OEI ; and performing a variety of administrative and clerical services including phones, correspondence and mailings, maintaining calendars and files, organizing meetings, and managing office correspondence and procedures.
• Maintaining and updating the OEI website.
• Creating and maintaining publications, managing department announcements, newsletters & other messaging; consulting with University Communications as needed.
• Managing student employee postings, supervising student worker(s) and managing timesheets.
• Managing professional development and travel arrangements for OEI staff.
• Managing and reconciling OEI p-cards, A/P vouchers, travel reimbursements and other financial transactions.
• Coordinating logistics for programs and events including; but not limited to: room reservations, food / catering, and arranging travel for students participating in various summer programs and within-program excursions.
• Administrative support for OEI -related prizes including receipt, collation and distribution of application materials to selection committee(s), scheduling committee meetings, related communication, support for logistics in dispersing prize funds; archiving application data and committee proceedings.
• Maintaining training and other databases and generating relevant reports as needed.
• Preparing documents and/or handouts for meetings and trainings.
• Ordering and maintaining inventory of office supplies.
• Managing logistics for onboarding new staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
This .75 FTE position works 1365 hours annually; and is part of the Office/Clerical Bargaining Unit. The schedule is approximately 25-30 hours per week, including summer months and with reduced hours during off-peak periods. This position will, occasionally, be required to work late afternoon/early evenings and weekends for major events.
Associate Degree and two years of related experience or an
equivalent combination of education, training, and
Ability to set priorities, to take initiative, to manage multiple duties with minimal supervision, and to pay close attention to detail.
Demonstrated expertise in Word, Excel, and email applications.
Experience with webpage and database management applications.
Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage sensitive documents.
Demonstrated commitment to work within a diverse environment and interact collegially with individuals of different backgrounds.
Strong organizational skills.
Effective communication skills.
Ability to commit to a flexible work schedule.
Experience in higher education.
Ability to contribute to a supportive and inclusive space for students, faculty and staff; specifically, those who have identities that have typically been marginalized or underrepresented in higher education.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application close date is May 22, 2021.
Any and all offers to external applicants for an administrative assistant or union position are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background check screening and computer skills assessment to the satisfaction of Wesleyan University.
Wesleyan University, located in Middletown, Connecticut, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or non-position-related criminal record. We welcome applications from women and historically underrepresented minority groups. Inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504, or any other non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Alison Williams, Vice President for Equity & Inclusion/ Title IX Officer, 860-685-3927, email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Middletown
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Middletown
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Middletown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Middletown
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Middletown