User Services Specialist II - (STA007263)
Provides basic to intermediate support to students, faculty and staff covering five operating systems environments and associated hardware and software. May assist with the creation and maintenance of computer accounts.
- Analyzes computer user problems, and recommends and implements hardware and software solutions.
- Schedules office visits, troubleshoots computer problems and diagnoses cause.
- Installs and configures software components on various operating systems.
- Maintains Computer Server resources; may teach or provide hands-on computer courses and workshops.
- Analyzes computer needs of department and provides assessment of technology trends in computer systems.
- Facilitates network assignments by gathering information and disseminating requests and results.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: cgarcia2194
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston