Optometry Assistant II - (STA007258)
Provides office support to an optometric clinic by performing duties such as ordering supplies, assisting faculty, student and patients, data entry, and answering the phone and greeting visitors.
- Orders supplies, and maintains inventory and equipment such as spectacles, contact lenses, solutions and clinical supplies; may assist in providing inventory of supplies within clinical rooms.
- Creates, retrieves and files records electronically regarding patient information, such as appointments; databases on various clinics; contact lens or spectacle information.
- Assists in coordinating student, faculty and patient assignments.
- May assist in the yearly inventory of contact lenses, spectacles and equipment.
- Picks up mail and corresponds with vendors, patients and other clinics regarding clinical matters.
- May initiate reports regarding patient and vendor information.
- Greets visitors, answers phone, and performs duties such as scheduling and confirming appointments.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and 1 year experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.