Associate Provost for Strategic Initiatives
Associate Provost for Strategic Initiatives
Department: Provost's Office
Post Date: 04/21/2021
Position Available Date: 04/30/2021
University of Mary Hardin-Baylor's Office of Academic Affairs seeks an Associate Provost for Strategic Initiatives. The Associate Provost serves under a 12-month tenure-track faculty contract and will report directly to the Provost of the university. UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 22,000 in the heart of central Texas. Nearby cities are Temple (5 miles), Waco (45 miles), Austin (65 miles), San Antonio (130 miles) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (130 miles). Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Administrative Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities include managing relationships and communication regarding strategic initiatives; leading major cross-college initiatives; conducting program reviews and designs initiatives to respond to program outcome needs; working closely with Recruiting/Admissions to determine potential student programmatic interests; collaborating with Recruiting/Admissions to ensure recruiting materials align with program content and industry needs; conducting market research to determine industry trends and future industry demands, assisting in campus programing for professional development opportunities for faculty (e.g. August/January Faculty Workshops, Learning Covenant Teaching Academy, New Faculty Orientation, etc.); contributing to Academic Affairs campus communication; assisting in the preparation of special reports, documents, and presentations; supporting Academic Affairs in establishing priorities and goals, policies, and practices; tracking and following up on a wide range of programs, initiatives, and activities for Academic Affairs. This position will serve on Provost Council.
Teaching Responsibilities: The Associate Provost will have a teaching assignment equivalent to up to one undergraduate or graduate course per long semester as assigned by the Provost. Activities required of all faculty include exemplary teaching, curriculum development, student advising; professional attainment; and service to department, college, university, and the community. Summer teaching, if any, is paid on a separate faculty compensation scale.
- A terminal degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- A proven record of effective leadership, organizational and managerial skills, and the ability to build critical, collaborative partnerships across the University
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with previous administrative (academic or non-academic) and/or supervisory experience.
- Evidence of project management experience in a broad range of related activities
- Experience in SACSCOC accreditation desired.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
- Must be an active and committed Christian.
- Communicative leader who can build relationships both within and outside the University;
- Strategic leader, willing to promote innovative ideas and diverse modes of course delivery as the university grows in numbers of students and programs;
- Visionary leader who can further the university's goals and objectives, identify emerging academic issues and recommend appropriate program responses;
- Christian leader who can apply their personal commitment to Christ to further the Christian mission of the school, college and the university.
Salaries and Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled.
To Apply: Please click the “Apply Now” link to apply for this position. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES - Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies, and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB's mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments.
INTERNAL CANDIDATES - Submit a letter of interest and CV to Dr. Colin Wilborn, Executive Dean, Mayborn College of Health Sciences, with a copy to Susan Owens in Human Resources.
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.
To apply, visit https://umhb.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2zc18o8128g $GUID$