Tenure Track Faculty Graphic Media, Science & Technology
Responsibilities will include teaching, scholarship, and service. Teaching will include course and laboratory development with delivery via traditional and non-traditional formats. Scholarship productivity including securing external funding and publications in a well-defined area of focus that enhances and compliments the department’s strategic objectives is expected. Service will include contributions to the department, college, and university; and maintaining a clear professional development agenda to support the School’s growth.
The School of Media Sciences is a dynamic home of a diverse faculty
who engage in a variety of engaging teaching and research
activities. The department offers a BS degree in Media Arts
and Technology and an MS degree in Print and Graphic Media Science.
Tracing its roots to 1922, the department builds upon its rich
tradition of preparing the next generation of leaders in graphic
communication industry serving the marketing communications,
packaging, publishing, functional printing, and allied
industries. Through a required cooperative education program
and extensive research and testing capabilities, the department
enjoys close collaboration and support from a wide variety of
industry partners, foundations and institutes, and boasts thousands
of active alumni.
The College of Engineering Technology (CET) is one of RIT’s eight colleges enrolling 9 percent of the university’s students. CET is known throughout the RIT, national, and international communities as an excellent choice for an education that embraces the integration of “hands-on learning” and application-based instruction grounded in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) subjects. The Department of Graphic Media Science and Technology has an outstanding faculty and staff, world-class facilities, and innovative curricula that provides an unparalleled academic experience. More information available at www.rit.edu/CET.
Required Minimum Education Level PhD
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge in the field of graphic communication
- Demonstrated ability ,interest and skills in conducting research
- Evidence of scholarly activity in the field of graphic communication and related areas
- Evidence of ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences
- Demonstrated high quality teaching or training experience and ability to deliver instruction across a variety of areas
- Demonstrated ability to develop and teach engaging, hands-on laboratory learning experiences
How To Apply
Apply online at http://careers.rit.edu/faculty
The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources.RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the work place. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities.RIT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities under the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the New York Human Rights Law, or similar applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to your application for employment at RIT, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Greece
- Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Greece
- Digital Media Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Greece
- Media Studies Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Greece
- Other Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Greece