Export Control Officer
Full Time Export Control Officer Position
About us: Wichita State University is a public research university with an enrollment of 16,000 students on a beautiful 330-acre campus in Wichita, Kansas. As the largest city in Kansas, Wichita is diverse, affordable and has a wide variety of cultural and recreational activities (www.gowichita.com).
The Export Control Officer (ECO) is responsible for implementing, administering, and overseeing the export control compliance programs. The position will develop and effectively implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws and regulations.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in implementation and oversight of an export control program in a corporate or academic research, research administration, or compliance environment, or equivalent education and experience
- One year of experience in doing classification and jurisdiction determinations for technology, products, materials, equipment, and software.
- One year of experience in filing and managing formal export license applications with federal agencies
- Ability to understand, analyze, and synthesize complex information and situations and to formulate solutions. Ability to exercise discretion and judgement for effective decision-making and problem-solving.
- Adept at leading a meeting or training towards desired objectives and goals. Possesses excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in an environment that requires management or multiple and rapidly changing priorities.
- Provides information clearly and accurately in various settings, ensuring understanding and participation as appropriate. Possesses excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and analytical communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and to work collaboratively with multiple university units.
- Actions are consistent with stated values, organizational policies and procedures, and government regulations and protocols.
- Ability to engage in continuous learning process for issues related to professional responsibilities.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Secret level
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite Ability to use Visual Compliance or similar export control software;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive, detailed analyses of complex regulations and to effectively and efficiently assess factual situations under those regulations and develop appropriate recommendations for action
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply relevant federal export control regulations, including those pursuant to EAR, ITAR, OFAC sanctions programs, and NSDD 189, the Federal Acquisition Regulations, and agency-specific regulations.
All employees of Wichita State University are expected to
support the WSU Vision, Mission and Values and foster an
environment of diversity in culture, thought and experience.
Wichita State University does not discriminate in its employment practices, educational programs or activities on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check as required by Board of Regents policy.
For consideration, apply to
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wichita
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wichita
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wichita
- Legal Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wichita