Director, Professional MBA (PRN25855B)
The David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah is seeking a dynamic leader for the position of Director, Professional MBA to help improve and expand this nationally ranked program. The Director will ensure that the Professional MBA program is effective, innovative, and driven by excellence. The Director is responsible for the development, maintenance, and improvement of the evening MBA program. Primary responsibilities include: admissions and recruitment, collaboration across all MBA programs to ensure a coordinated recruiting strategy, hybrid implementation, industry outreach, monitoring and proposing improvements to curriculum and co-curricular experiences, managing course demand and capacity planning, ensuring student satisfaction, program growth, student quality, career advancement, and managing alumni activities. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively in teams. Strong communication, relationship management, technical, project management, strategic planning, sales, problem-solving, and organizational skills are also critical to the role.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN25855B - 00033 - Executive Education
COMPENSATION: $103,700 to $150,000/year
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time, Monday – Friday, with possible schedule adaptations to support students in evening classes and recruiting activities
1. Formulate and execute an effective business development
strategy for the Professional MBA(PMBA) program, including
implementing a hybrid format.
2. Serve as a visible leader for the PMBAprogram both internally and externally and advocate for the program in the local and national community by engaging with companies and partners.
3. Communicate the vision, plan, and culture for the PMBA program to the internal and external community.
4. Actively maintain relationships with industry professionals to acquire current knowledge of industry trends and employment needs.
5. Work in conjunction with the associate dean and department chairs to provide competitive, leading-edge course offerings taught by exceptional faculty, aligned with the predetermined goals and objectives and learning outcomes.
6. Maintain a presence with students. Counsel and advise MBA students related to academic success, course selection, and career guidance, focusing on retention.
7. Plan and deliver information sessions, orientation, graduation, alumni events, and other events as appropriate.
8. Lead and execute strategic recruitment practices, initiatives, and programs to attract high-quality applicants and oversee the management of the admissions process from recruitment to enrollment to deliver a world-class MBA experience for students.
9. Direct and modify (as needed) ongoing contact and cultivation methods to ensure a high yield of high-quality admits.
10. Oversee the planning and execution of company visits and national and international student study trips.
11. Monitor and improve program quality by conducting mid-program and exit surveys.
12. Monitor best practices in other MBA Programs and facilitate program improvement.
13. Supervise the full and part-time MBA staff and all associated activities.
14. Develop and foster positive and constructive relationships with other program directors, department chairs, associate and assistant deans, the dean, faculty, and staff.
15. Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean.
***This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, clinical field, or related area, or equivalency; nine years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, staff management, and effective communications skills required.
Completion of hospital provided supervisory training within one year of employment may also be required.
This position has no responsibility for providing care to patients.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration or Ph.D. in related
• A strong understanding of the specifics of delivering a high-quality MBAprogram and a passion for education, student satisfaction, and mentoring.
• Excellent strategic leadership and management skills; the ability to attract, motivate and retain a committed team with ongoing customer satisfaction responsibilities; someone who can develop and modify strategies, work collaboratively with other university and external teams, and manage multiple projects.
• A self-motivated, detail-oriented professional who possesses the ability to think strategically, manage through influence, and interact professionally to develop relationships with diverse constituencies.
• Excellent judgment and problem-solving; strong organization and time management skills; comfort level with an agile, entrepreneurial, and growing organization.
• Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills with demonstrated proficiency in gathering information from many sources, distilling it to core messages and communicating it effectively to different audiences.
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/114034
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.