Associate Director of Business Engagement and Marketing
Associate Director of Business Engagement and Marketing
George Mason University’s Business Services is seeking a highly motivated, innovative and ambitious individual to join the team as Associate Director of Business Engagement and Marketing. George Mason has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of Business Partnerships and Licensing.
- Partner with the Executive Director, to build a comprehensive brand and marketing approach/plan for Business Services, including clear goals, milestones, and metrics of success; launch and implement plan;
- Partner with the Executive Director to help lead in the development and management of a new “town and gown” partnership between the university and local community;
- Engage local businesses for partnerships with the Mason community (i.e. discounts, events, etc.); identify businesses to secure sponsorships for Mason; partner with the Executive Director in these efforts;
- Activate campus events and promotions to highlight business partnerships that offer services and retail options for the Mason community;
- Develop, maintain and utilize a division-wide web site to maximize advertising and marketing efforts, as well as provide support to specific departmental/contracted services web sites;
- Form partnerships with Mason faculty regarding potential student internships or practicum coursework to serve Business Services in these areas;
- Develop creative print, electronic and all other types of media materials to provide the best in sales, promotions and marketing practices;
- Manage multiple social media platforms, e-mail communication and web-based advertising;
- Coordinate participation in campus and community outreach activities to highlight services and promotions offered through Business Services (shopMason);
- Supervise and coach the student marketing staff (2-5 employees).
- Develop and distribute communication via newsletters and other forms of messaging electronically;
- Work with units and contracted partners to activate promotions and marketing campaigns;
- Manage Brand Influencer program and keep student volunteers engaged;
- Build collaborative and mutually beneficial working relationships with colleagues in other divisions;
- Participate in student group meetings to help further the branding and benefits of shopMason;
- Conduct focus groups to better understand the needs and wants of students;
- Chair/Co-Chair the shopMason Marketing Committee;
- Assist in managing marketing expenses and reconciliation process;
- Assist with the coordination and distribution of beverage contractor gratis products through working with campus staff, contractor, and contract administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communication, or an equivalent combination of education and experience with demonstrated relevant work experience;
- At least 7 years of experience with demonstrated success in the brand, marketing, promotion, and/or related fields strongly preferred;
- Experience and successes in working with local businesses or officials to develop beneficial partnerships a plus;
- Strong interest in web-based communication and engagement (in both content creation and technical aspects);
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office; familiarity with or ability to learn website content-management systems (WordPress preferred, HTML and CSS skills an advantage); familiarity with contact databases and email campaigns a strong advantage; working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and project management tools a plus;
- Audio/video software skills a plus;
- Ability to coach student staff on using social media while maintaining an engaging, interactive and creative presence;
- Flexibility; proven ability to work on a team; outstanding organization and time-management skills; exacting attention to detail; ability to influence decisions;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and public presentation skills;
- Demonstration of a common knowledge or understanding of cultural differences.
The successful candidate will:
- Be comfortable with public speaking and engaging business and university leaders at all levels;
- Be adaptable, a flexible problem-solver;
- Be able to work occasional flexible hours and weekends;
- Have excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively; results oriented;
- Be highly self-motivated, detailed oriented, accuracy driven;
- Have a professional demeanor with strong written and oral communication skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 09654z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fairfax