Assistant Professor - Social Science
TROY UNIVERSITY is a comprehensive public institution serving more than 20,000 students worldwide at four campuses in Alabama, multiple sites throughout the United States, multiple international locations, and through an extensive online learning program.
Troy University is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Assistant Professor – Social Science:
The Department of Anthropology, Sociology and Criminology at Troy University (https://www.troy.edu/academics/colleges-schools/college-arts-sciences/departments/social-science/) invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Sociology, anticipated to start in August 2021. We are a friendly and collaborative department with growth potential in our undergraduate Sociology and Master’s in Social Science programs. We are looking for a sociologist that is interested in being part of a growing department. The area of specialization is open, but preference will be given to candidates with a specialization in race and crime or environmental sociology. This position will be responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Sociology and Social Science. The primary responsibilities of this position are to teach four undergraduate and graduate courses per semester, and conduct scholarly activities including publishing in academic journals. Full participation in departmental activities is expected as well as serving on committees, advising and mentoring students, and other duties. A syllabus of choice should be placed in the “Other document” section of the application.
- D. in Sociology from a regionally accredited institution (applicants that are ABD and near graduation will also be considered)
- Must have the ability to teach both face-to-face as well as in online environments
- Ability to conduct scholarly research, publish peer-reviewed work, and seek out grant funding in area of specialization
Please visit our website at www.troyuniversityjobs.com for further details and information on how to apply.
Troy University is an EEO/AA employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Troy
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Troy
- Criminal Justice & Criminology Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Troy
- Sociology Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Troy