Director of Information Technology Services
Director, Information Technology Services
Description: The University of Tennessee at Martin will be conducting a search to hire a Director of IT Infrastructure
- Provide leadership, direction, supervision, strategic planning, and implementation of the campus-wide IT hardware/software resources, security, video network, wired and wireless networks, cable TV, voice systems, and personnel resources in IT Services.
- Manage and/or participate on projects that span across multiple UT campuses
- Provide technical planning and support services for faculty, staff and academic departments.
- Research new technology
- Serve on the ITS leadership team and Security team.
- Perform other related duties as required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of experience in campus-wide higher education technology, training, and service.
- Extensive knowledge on working with the Linux and Windows servers, network operating system, audio/video communications, network switching and routing, and Apple and Microsoft Windows personal computer platforms in higher education.
- Management experience includes budget oversite and/or management
- Extensive experience in higher education student and departmental systems administration, data networking in a higher education environment, telephone system administration, or a combination of these
- Experience in evaluating and managing IT security projects
- Experience with voice and data communications systems.
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Application Process: Interested candidates should apply online and attach a letter of interest, resume, transcript, and a list of 3 current references.
Application Deadline: Applications taken until position is filled.
The University of Tennessee at Martin is an equal employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate based upon race, color, or national origin. The University's Office of Equity and Diversity has adopted a policy and procedures to provide students and employees, who feel that they have experienced discrimination but are uncertain as to whether a complaint is justified or whether they wish to initiate a formal complaint, the opportunity to discuss their concerns confidentially and informally with the Equity and Diversity Officer/Title VI Coordinator for prompt and equitable resolution of discrimination complaints.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and admission without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, and parental status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the University of Tennessee at Martin affirmatively states that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, or disability in its education programs and activities, and this policy extends to employment by the university. Inquiries and charges of violation of Title VI (race, color, and national origin), Title IX (sex), Section 504 (disability), the ADA (disability), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (age), sexual orientation, or veteran status should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity, 544 University Street, #303, Martin, TN 38238, telephone 731-881-3505. Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the Office of Equity and Diversity. Apply through Institution's Website