Director of Student Services and Connections
Director of Student Services and Connections
Student Experience and Success/Enrolment Services
JOB ID: J0421-1419
Classification: Full-time Administration
Pay Band: 12
Pay Range: $90,883 - $121,178 per year
Campus/Location: Progress Campus, Toronto, ON
Shift Schedule: 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
Posting Date: April 21, 2021
Closing Date: May 12, 2021
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
We also recognize that Centennial is situated on the Treaty Lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and pay tribute to their legacy as well as that of all First Peoples that have been and remain present here in Toronto. We recognize that First Peoples come from sovereign Nations and that part of understanding our responsibilities of residing on this territory are understanding the true history, circumstances and legacy of the Treaties signed here (such as the Toronto Purchase, Robinson-Huron Treaty and Williams Treaties) and including pre-contact Treaties and Agreements between sovereign Nations and that all peoples in this area are therefore Treaty people with obligations and responsibilities to all our relations.
Achieving optimal levels of service excellence and delivering on what is promised in our support of students, our academic partners, and the community at large is the ultimate objective for the incumbent of this role. Reporting to the Registrar, the Director of Student Services and Connections (DSSC) is a member of the senior leadership team in Enrolment Services (ES) within the division of Student Experience and Success (SES). Directly accountable for leadership in support of the College’s strategic vision and goals, the Director will enhance the student experience through focused student (client) service centres/counters offering in person, telephone and virtual connection, creation, implementation and management of a robust college-inclusive contact centre, creation and implementation of a strategic student-centric student communications office, and facilitating equitable and inclusive financial supports to all students through robust financial aid (OSAP, bursaries, and scholarships) and financial literacy programs.
Working closely with Strategic Alignment and Analytics, Academic Leadership, Student Life, Education, and Development, the Office of Development, Information Technology, Finance, and others, the incumbent participates in the evaluation and continuous improvement of business processes, communications and services in support of their portfolio and the College’s enrolment strategies and objectives. The Director contributes to the development and management of College-wide policies and procedures.
- Oversees the development and implementation of a comprehensive communication strategy for the Student Experience and Success division that supports both Divisional and College objectives related to internal and external communication forms throughout learners’ educational journeys.
- Works closely with the Manager of Student Success Communications and in partnership with the recruitment, admissions, advising, and communication departments to ensure all student-related communication campaigns and materials are produced to exacting standards and are: intentional, relevant, accessible and engaging to the target audience.
- Assesses existing, new and emerging technology and tools and communication and social media platforms to determine which platforms should be adopted into the divisional communications strategy and how the effectiveness of these platforms will be measured.
- Formulates and executes appropriate strategies, tactics, and operational initiatives to continuously enhance learner success and satisfaction in-person through the campus Service Centres and virtual through the College Contact Centre.
- Is accountable for providing integrated business information and customer service activities and processes, virtually, in person, and on the phone, including applicant admission requirements, registration regulations and program options at all campuses.
- Oversees the Division’s complaint policies and process, the collation of data, the production of an annual report and analysis, and the drafting and implementation of new complaint management practices.
- Based on feedback, benchmarking practices and industry analysis, identifies opportunities to simplify and streamline processes, evaluates and addresses service gaps and makes changes to policies and business services to ensure alignment with best in class practises
- Oversees the development and implementation of a comprehensive Student Financial Services strategy and annual operational plan, including the equitable administration of OSAP, bursaries, and scholarships, and student financial literacy programming.
- Accountable for compliance with financial aid program requirements as set by the Ministry and responds on behalf of the College to any issues raised by Ministry audits of these financial aid programs
- Responsible for overseeing government program appeal decisions.
- Designs financial aid programs (i.e. scholarships, work-study, bursaries) to equitably meet student financial need as well as to meet strategic Colleges objectives
- Conducts assessment to determine the effectiveness of College financial aid programs and makes recommendations for changes to better align financial aid programs with College objectives
- Participates in consultation sessions with the Ministry to provide feedback on proposed changes to financial aid programs in the province.
- Acts as the College’s financial aid expert and explains financial aid policy and processes as needed to the College’s Senior Leadership team, academic schools, student association and students.
- Aligned with the College’s mission, vision, values and goals, as well as divisional and corporate business plans, and in partnership with other senior leaders in the Division, oversees the development, implementation and monitoring of an integrated strategy and set of operational targets for the key functional areas in their remit.
- Serves on various college and community/provincial committees to address challenges and assist in the meeting of Divisional or College goals (e.g., Committee of Registrars, Admissions and Liaison Officers [CRALO])
- Provides leadership, management, direction, guidance and mentoring to all staff within their sphere of influence. This will be achieved through effective deployment, staff development, appraisal, and training and goal, priority and expectation setting, within the framework of regular, two-way dialogue at all department levels.
- 4-year degree in communications, business administration, education or related fields or equivalent education, skills and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Courses or training in project and change management and/or Contact Centre or CRM preferred
- Seven (7) years relevant experience, including progressive responsibilities and accountabilities, preferably in a post-secondary institution, with strategic planning, resource management and leadership experience
- Experienced and comfortable with the application of cutting-edge approaches in the development and execution of communication and customer service strategies
- Experience with strategic planning, project management, including work process reviews
- Track record of developing, delivering and evaluating new initiatives, particularly with a strong client focus and customer service orientation
- Experience in researching/identifying/analyzing issues, with the demonstrated ability to recommend resolution/changes to policies and procedures
- Experience managing in a unionized environment, demonstrated success in coaching, development and overall leadership of designated teams
- Ability to build positive and productive relationships with diverse groups of people; a drive for results combined with an appreciation for organizational structures and process; thrives in a collaborative and challenging environment.
- Excellent planning, organizational and administrative skills, and creative problem-solving skills while maintaining confidentiality/discretion of work-related issues.
- Substantial experience in customer service/client relationship management, consultation and communication skills.
- Experience in developing, monitoring and directing budget activities
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communications; reporting, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in the application of government regulation, policies and best practice for service delivery
- Experience in quality assurance and/or audit operations and protection of privacy in a complex operating environment
Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer.
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by May 12, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST. Please quote Job ID J0421-1419. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Canada
- Student Affairs Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Canada
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Canada
- Student Activities & Services Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Canada