Grants/Research Administration Associate
The Research Administration Associate provides pre-award and post-award support for Pediatrics-Academic General and Pediatrics-Public Health for extramural funding through research and service grants, cooperative agreements, subawards, and contracts. Responsible for the full award life cycle, from application to award to closeout. Serves as a source of expertise for federal, state, industry, and private foundation application and award policies. Develops budgets and applications, provides award financial management and reporting, and manages cost & effort allocations and effort reporting.
- Work directly with faculty to prepare the budget and administrative sections of grant applications.
- Prepare applications in ASSIST, Workspace, and other federal and non-federal grant application portals.
- Responsible for cost and effort allocations in SAP for research faculty, employees, and learners.
- Pre-review time and effort records for the Section(s) in the Effort Reporting System (ERS) prior and manages the record certification process.
- Review and reconcile financial activities on all grant accounts within Section(s) on a monthly basis and routinely meets with PI to ensure accuracy of activity posting to accounts.
- Maintain an updated list of grant accounts, number of awards, faculty effort on grants, number of submissions, or other statistics related to grant reporting as requested by leadership.
- Analyze and enter forecast projections for all grant/contract accounts for Section(s) as part of the annual budget process.
- Read and interpret sponsor application guidelines and award policies.
- Budget and grant application development across a variety of sponsor platforms.
- Financial management of all grant accounts with the Sections.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Experience in grant application development, budgeting, and/or grant financial management.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and utilize critical thinking skills.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston