Research Assistant I
The Research Assistant I position on the Human Genome Sequencing Center's (HGSC) Library-Automation workgroup will apply expertise in the area of genomic sequencing to clinical samples for the ongoing COVID testing/research and clinical sequencing projects. These projects are highly visible.
• Work independently and within a team to process samples in the production pipeline, as well as work on projects including protocol development and optimization.
• Work under the direction of the team leader and the group manager.
• Document experiment procedures. Collect, compile, evaluate and analyze data. Interpret detailed assay procedures and test results.
• Perform laboratory research projects and production tasks.
• Update LIMS, sample tracking and summarize data in an appropriate format.
• Prepare reagent, solutions, and oligos used for production.
• Perform routine laboratory equipment maintenance and log records as required.
• Track the inventory for reagents and report when furthering order is needed.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field may be considered in lieu of two years of experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston