Assistant Professor - Biology (Cell Biology)
Farmingdale State College - Assistant Professor - Biology (Cell Biology)
Farmingdale State College (FSC) is the State University of New York's largest college of applied science and technology with an enrollment of approximately 10,000 students. A leader in applied and experiential learning, the college delivers rigorous programs that equip graduates with the academic foundation and skills sought by both emerging industries and graduate institutions. FSC offers 37 undergraduate degrees and a Master's in Technology Management through its Schools of Business, Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, and Arts & Sciences. Known as a pioneer in the alternative energy field, the college also boasts a highly successful NCAA Division III athletics program. FSC's strong culture of civic responsibility and engaged learning has led to reciprocal partnerships throughout the Long Island region.
Farmingdale State College is among the nation's fastest growing colleges. Its programs regularly earn regional and national recognition as well as honors for both quality and value. Consistently ranked as a leader in return on investment and affordability, FSC is known as one of the safest colleges in the nation according to multiple rankings. The campus is located on 380 lush acres in the heart of Long Island, approximately 45 minutes by rail or automobile from New York City.
The Biology Department at Farmingdale State College invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Cell Biology. Teaching responsibilities may include a combination of lower and/or upper division courses based on expertise (e.g. Introductory Biology I, Cell Biology, Immunology, etc.). In addition, the position will require student advisement, curriculum review and development, and service on departmental and college-wide committees. The successful candidate is expected to engage in research leading to the publication of peer-reviewed articles and external grant applications. Advanced undergraduate students are often involved in the research activities as interns mentored by the faculty member. Please note: this search is for an Assistant Professor; no other rank will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
All faculty members at Farmingdale State College have three workload components: teaching, research and scholarly activity, and service. The successful candidate will demonstrate an interest and high level of competence in teaching. Candidates should have a research agenda that complements their area of academic specialty resulting in peer-reviewed publications and presentations, both of which are necessary for promotion and tenure at Farmingdale State College. The service component of the workload includes student advisement as well as active participation on departmental, school and college-wide committees. The faculty member may be expected to teach in multiple formats including hybrid, online and traditional face-to-face classes
The college particularly welcomes candidates with knowledge, skills and abilities that include:
- Commitment to diversity and university initiatives supportive of diversity and inclusion.
- Interest in participating in student-centered service activities.
- Desire to apply expertise in promoting civic engagement with the College's many community partners.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Only candidates who have completed a PhD in a field related to cell biology at the time of application will be considered. At least one year of experience teaching biology courses at the undergraduate level is required. A successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Postdoctoral training and/or an ongoing research program;
- Peer-reviewed publications;
- Ability to relate to and work with students in various aspects of their academic pursuits;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Grant writing experience;
- Experience with quality assurance and/or regulatory affairs;
- Research within the field of biology that can be supported and enhanced by existing research in the Biology Department at Farmingdale State College.
This is a full-time, 10 month faculty position.
- For the first 10 working days, beginning Wednesday, April 21, 2021 and ending Tuesday, May 4, 2021, applications will be limited to UUP Farmingdale.
- CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Thursday, May 20, 2021
- SALARY: $70,000/year, may increase commensurate with experience
- ANTICIPATED START DATE: September 1, 2021
The State University of New York offers excellent fringe benefits including health insurance options and retirement plans.
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
The Consumer Information web page can be viewed at the following link - http://www.farmingdale.edu/consumer-information
This page describes various services, information and statistics on many different aspects of the College's operations.
Farmingdale State College seeks a broad and diverse pool of candidates for this position. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status or any other legally protected status.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
To apply, submit a letter of application( that includes a statement on teaching philosophy and methodology), c.v., copies of teaching evaluations, unofficial copy of graduate transcripts (showing highest degree awarded/or currently in process), names and contact information of three references. Only applications made through Farmingdale's electronic application system will be accepted. Candidates invited for interviews will be asked to make a presentation on their research/creative activities as well as a separate teaching demonstration.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Farmingdale
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Farmingdale
- Biology & Life Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Farmingdale
- Other Science & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Farmingdale