Graphic Design & Multimedia Producer
The Graphic Designer and Multimedia Producer partners with library units to advise and create communications and marketing materials including print and digital ads, motion graphics, websites, email campaigns, multimedia presentations, and other promotional materials. The position provides technical expertise for telling stories using video and still photography, video and audio editing, web design, graphic arts and animation, and interactive multimedia.
The Graphic Designer and Multimedia Producer provides leadership and expertise in designing and planning for future development and enhancement of the Libraries’ comprehensive web presence that aligns with the Virginia Tech website.
The Multimedia Graphic Designer and Video Producer supports the most effective use of the University Libraries’ video channel (currently Kaltura) to enhance video collaboration between central University Relations and the University Libraries.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, art, graphic design or a related field with comparable professional experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Create Suites: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Proficient in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or other equivalent web content management system.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing web analytics.
- Strong photography and videography skills.
- Proficient in handling video and audio equipment as well as editing software such as Final Cut Pro X or Premiere.
- Knowledge of best practices in graphic design and current design trends.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and managing multiple projects with multiple timelines.
- Must possess strong analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills as well as exceptionally strong communication skills.
- Skill and understanding of HTML and website management.
A/P Faculty Lecturer regular full-time appointment
$57,000 minimum dependent on qualifications and experience
May 24, 2021
- Must be able to lift and move equipment weighing 25 pounds or more as needed for the handling of video and audio equipment
- Requires valid driver's license in good standing
- Must be willing to travel as needed to the University Libraries branches for support, these include branch libraries in Blacksburg, the National Capital Region, and the Health Science and Technology Innovation District in Roanoke. Travel to these areas will be on a limited basis
- The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
The application package needs to include a resume, cover letter addressing the candidate's experience with the responsibilities associated with the position, and the required and preferred qualifications, and names of three (3) references and their contact information. Also, include a portfolio of work as either an attached document or include a link in the cover letter.
The members of the University Libraries at Virginia Tech strive individually and collectively to create, sustain, and share inclusive ways of knowing in conscientious community with each other and all the people we serve in every space we shape. In keeping with our Aspirational Identity and the Virginia Tech Principles of Community , the University Libraries commits to build and maintain enduring climates of mutual care, respect, and responsibility.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Cathy Pillow at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: April 22, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Arts Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Design & Graphic Arts Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Communications Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Digital Media Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg